29 Years Old, Always Wanted a Slimmer Jaw, Thanks Dysport! - San Francisco, CA

This is a review for Dysport injected into the...

This is a review for Dysport injected into the masseter muscle in order to contour the face. I am really pleased with the results and plan on getting repeat treatments when my masseter muscles begin to rebuild.

Background: I grew up with a wide square-ish jaw that I had always wished was slimmer. I never considered getting actual jaw surgery because it seemed way too invasive and I don't have the time to take off from work to do something like that. A few months ago I learned about how you could use Botox to weaken the muscles of the jaw to atrophy in order to shrink them. This seemed much easier and so I paid my first visit to a plastic surgeon.

As with any consultation we took the time to learn about each other. I told her about the issues that I had with my face, and I also was able to learn about my doctor's personality, which I consider to be really important when choosing a practitioner. She confirmed I was a candidate and recommended that I have 100 total Botox equivalent units of Dysport injected split between both sides of my jaw.

The procedure: the actual injection was pretty uncomfortable for someone like me. I realize that I have a really low tolerance for pain, but the actual procedure wasn't like super painful it was more uncomfortable. I experienced some bruising, which faded over the next few weeks. I will admit that my jaw felt pretty weird for the next month. It definitely felt difficult and awkward to chew sometimes, but the bonus was I didn't crunch my teeth during sleep anymore.

When I arrived for the procedure, I expressed my concerns about the dosage, which seemed really high compared to other things I had read on the Internet and on real self. My doctor took the time to listen to my concerns, and I eventually trusted her and went with the original dosage that she recommended.

In terms of the actual results, it took about three or four weeks to actually start noticing a change and my jaw continued to slim for the next two months or so. I definitely feel more confident and I'm so happy that I've achieved the face shape that I've always wanted.
San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon

I am huge fan of Dr. Chiu-Collins. She has excellent bedside manner – she's patient, calm, and it seems like she really cares about you. I know that she tailors her recommendations based on her interpretation of your personality, or how conservative you might be. She's very intuitive, and I trust her medical opinion, technical expertise, and aesthetic eye. She is whip smart and you can tell she's always been an all-star high achiever. All my visits to the office have been very pleasant, and I really like Jasmine, who sits at the front desk and assists Dr. Chiu with procedures. Off-line communication has been great, and they always check in to see how I'm doing, and I never feel rushed when I'm in the office.