Beware of Hairline Lowering Procedure - San Francisco, CA

I had a scar on my head and wanted the lowering of...

I had a scar on my head and wanted the lowering of my hairline to cover it and also wanted my hair line a bit lower so my hair looks thicker. Little did I know I would loose almost all my hair.

It's been a few years since the procedure. I like the doctor and his staff.

The problem is my hair started falling out in clumps a few days after the procedure. It has been falling out consistently over the past few years. I have expressed this and he made an appointment to see me. I flew out to see him from Singapore and two days before I would see him he canceled the appointment. So basically I waisted time and money going to see him for follow up for nothing.

He said he would pay for my bill to see a doctor close to me. I went to see the doctor but he couldn't care less and wouldn't listen to what I was saying. He diagnosed me with pattern baldness. This makes no sense since no woman in my family has it and also I didn't have any hair loss until right after the procedure.

Please note my head still feels injured and clumps fall out every day. At this point I have lost 50% of my hair density and am afraid that in the next few years I will look like gollum from lord of the rings.

I have to go to another doctor to try to have hair from the back of my head implanted to my front to conceal this scary look. I wish I never went through with the surgery and one of his colleagues actually warned me to not do the procedure but did so the night after the procedure so it was too late at that point.

Please be aware that I did have thick hair before the procedure as all the women in my family do and now my hair is extremely thin. And my head is constantly in pain.

I am only giving all one star because it doesn't matter how nice someone is when they damage you to a point where you look like gollum and have to wear wigs the rest of your life.

Hair loss

To answer the questions: I have hair loss all over my head and lost more than 1/2 my hair density. My hair is so thin it's embarassing.

The lowering tightens Ur scalp so u will experience blood loss cuz of restriction and loose hair. If you don't mind then do this procedure. I would suggest u get many grafts over time on your forehead than do this procedure. If I could go back in time Id never do this again.

Picture

Picture added. It's hard to show how thin my hair is but if I show my scalp hopefully it helps to see how much distance between each hair now.

Beware of this doctor

My hair has become even thinner. I went to multiple doctors since my last reviews and they have all confirmed my scalp is too tight and cutting off circulation. I am not a candidate for hair transplant to camouflage my hair loss. Extensions will only cause more hair loss and wigs will constrict my scalp more. There's nothing to fix this. Please beware when you do this surgery. ????
San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon

I give the doctor one star. He's nice and his staff are nice but the procedure caused hair loss. The fact he sent me to a doctor to get a documented certification that it's pattern baldness so he can cover up his mistake is disturbing at best. He doesn't take responsibility or try to fix the problem.