Change, Long Overdue - San Francisco, CA

After enduring childhood taunts of “dumbo e...

After enduring childhood taunts of “dumbo ears”, and many many years spent in attempts to disguise or cover the same, I sought out a surgeon to perform bilateral otoplasty - “ear pinning”. Changing a facial feature, even one not held in high esteem, is a weighty decision - practical, emotional, and financial.

After tons of research, I decided to book a consult with Dr. Ransom. After the consult, I spent some time thinking about the next steps, and decided to move forward with the surgery with Dr. Ransom. The procedure was nearly painless (IV insertion was the only pain). I opted for sedation rather than general anesthesia, and I’m so glad I did. I was completely relaxed during the procedure and was able to be present but unstressed! The recovery was uneventful. Pain medication Day 1 only, then Tylenol. The biggest challenge was adjusting to sleeping on my back!
I couldn’t be happier with the outcome! Such freedom to wear my hair pulled back with no concern for my ears.

Before and After

Bay Area Facial Plastic Surgeon

It was important to me to have a surgeon who knows faces. Dr. Ransom does. He has a stellar on-line presence. In person, he does not disappoint. During my consultation the surgical procedure was explained, questions were answered, and he readily understood the “look” I wanted for my ears, confirmed by pictures. After the consult I met with his office administrator, and the fees were discussed. The financial agreements were all very clear. I was humbled by, and appreciative of, a discount I received for my profession in human services (social worker). Who does that?!! (I later learned that he values service and donates his time treating children in Latin America who have facial deformities). The deciding factor for me in choosing Dr. Ransom was his quiet confidence in his skill, which was enormously reassuring. I knew the surgery would go well. And it did! Super caring nursing staff pre-op and during the procedure. Great follow-up from the office. I felt well-cared for. Dr. Ransom is meticulous, and truly knows his stuff. I wouldn’t go to anyone else. Most important, my ears are so beautiful.