Feeling so blessed - San Francisco, CA

After many years of living with pain caused by the...

After many years of living with pain caused by the 36DDD girls, I finally got my insurance's approval to go through with the breast reduction. I couldn't have been more excited to finally be given the chance to do it.
My breasts started developing when I was in about 5th grade. They were pretty noticeable considering girls in my class still pretty much had a normal girl's body(for that age). I always felt odd.
Throughout junior high and high school , I was given all this unwanted attention by boys at school and even older men and I have always hated that. I couldn't walk around without feeling like some guy was just focused on them. I got called names by other students because of my breasts, which was something I couldn't even control. I couldn't wear light tank tops or v-necks without feeling vulgar. They were never in proportion with my body(5'2").

There was never a doubt in my mind that I wanted to go through with this procedure but when I talked to my, then, physician about it he told me that it was because of my weight even though I told him that I had lost weight but never from my breasts. Even after explaining this to him I told him that even though I did exercise and all, it actually hurt to do physical activities such as running, since they moved so much.He wasn't very supportive and was actually kind of judgmental, so I switched to another physician. This other doctor was very understanding of my situation, he recommended I did PT before to see if it helped. When it didn't, he filled out a request for the BR and I was ecstatic!

Finally, on the 23rd of this month I FINALLY HAD THE SURGERY!
I'm not sure what size I am but they are definitely smaller, like I CAN FINALLY HOLD ONE IN MY HAND kind of smaller and I am so so happy! I cannot wait to see what size I end up being.

Everything has been going great so far , my pain only ranges from a 1-2

Update

So it's been about a week and a half and I'm feeling so much better in terms of pain levels. I've been able to take showers (yay!) and do more things. I've been trying to fix my posture but I'm scared that when I stand up straight I might pull on the incisions so I just try it slowly.
I'm still not sure what size I'm gonna be but on my post op appointment, the nurse said "you're about the size you're gonna be" which I thought was a bit early but she knows more than me so idk. Hopefully they get a smaller.
Thankfully there's been no complications along this journey so far.

I'm excited that they look small and like I said, hopefully they get smaller :))

About a week and a half (1 1/2) post op

Looks like I can FINALLY WEar THIs KiND OF BRALettESSS OMG

Stitches

Getting my stitches removed today!! I'm excited but a little nervous!
San Francisco Plastic Surgeon