It Was More Than a Tummy Tuck, It Was Serious Muscle Repair, and I'm So Glad We Did It - San Diego, CA

I hesitate to even call this a tummy tuck because...

I hesitate to even call this a tummy tuck because this was far from cosmetic. I knew after having my beautiful children that my body would change but as fit as I was (I train like a bodybuilder), my abdominal area never quite responded appropriately. I had muscles and defined obliques but the area protruded as opposed to tightening, and I noticed I was getting more lower back issues and weird cramping around my abs--which didn't seem appropriate with the way I carefully train. It took over a year to finally schedule my surgery with Dr. Pousti because I work multiple jobs and I knew recovery would be substantial. But I am SO GLAD I went though with it because we would no have known the extent of my muscle damage without the surgery. Dr. Pousti discovered I not only had an umbilical hernia, but a nearly obliterate fascia (the ligaments that hold muscles together) around my core causing my entire upper ab area issues and near herniation, AND my diastasis recti was especially severe. Muscle separation is normal after babies, but mine was not 7 cm, not your typical 1-3cm, and even then only 30% of women experience diastasis at all. It's a relief knowing I've done this soon enough to prevent further damage to my muscles. Again, to me, this was not just cosmetic, it was about being healthy.
San Diego Plastic Surgeon

I chose Dr. Pousti for several important reasons, he was recommended by my primary doctor's office by a doctor who was actually one of his former patients (my health plan didn't consider this crucial enough for coverage), he is DOUBLE BOARD certified, he took a lot of time in consultations with me, he made my safety his utmost priority (we actually had to delay the surgery for a few months because of blood pressure issues and he insisted I stabilize first which I'm glad I did), he explains everything in detail, and his team are just the sweetest and most professional group of medical professionals I've ever met--and I worked in healthcare for years. They will follow up and check on you daily before AND after your surgery, and are available 24/7. Dr. Pousti even visited me himself at home the very next day after surgery. Who does that anymore?! He takes great pride and care in his work and I always felt I was in the best hands. I recommend taking the time to do your research and know this is no minor procedure. My healing went/is going well because I followed his directions seriously and because I want the best outcome. I firmly believe I chose the right doctor for this and wholeheartedly recommend Dr. Pousti.