Labiaplasty - San Diego, CA

I had always wanted to get rid of that extra skin...

I had always wanted to get rid of that extra skin hanging from the front view of my vagina. It didn't necessarily hurt during intercourse, some clothes bothered me, but it was mostly vanity.
I saw Dr Pousti in California for my procedures (had breast revision as well)
He's a wonderful man and has a great staff.
I'd had Implants before so I knew what to expect there so I was pretty nervous about the labiaplasty.
After the surgery was over. I didn't feel bad at all. Slept a lot the first and second day. BFF took care of me. I took Percocet around-the-clock only the first and second days Valium as needed then switched to acetaminophen and ibuprofen. Only taking Valium at bedtime. I kept an ice pack down there almost all the time for about a week. Which I think helped a lot. I had a little cooler I took with us.
In the car, ice pack. Movies, ice pack. Out to dinner, ice pack. Slept with an ice pack
It never 'hurt' down there, just annoying discomfort. Kind of a burning feeling as if you had sex with no lubrication. Sorry for the tmi! Ice was my best friend. I'm only posting the before pic, because I wasn't supposed to peek for 4 weeks, I peeked at days 2 and 4 I think. I'm 11 days post op. I'll post an after pic in 2 weeks

19 days post op labiaplasty

Everything is going well slight discomfort at times. And itching! I looked it up on this website and it seems to be normal at this point. Nerves trying to find their way and sutures dissolving?
I read to take antihistamine. I'll call my doc first if the itching continues. I wondered about creams or if it's best to keep the area dry.
I'm dying from not being able to go to the gym.
22 days til my 6 week post op 6
I'll do a side by side pic at 4 weeks

5 weeks post op labiaplasty

I go in for post op appt Mon. I'm excited to hear what the Dr has to say about how I've healed. The hardest part of this procedure is being 'closed for business' lol
San Diego Plastic Surgeon

Amazing doc and team I brought my best friend to my consultation appt for breast implants revision and labiaplasty. Dr and staff were knowledgeable, happy, kind, and fun. Literally gave me all the time I needed to get my questions answered. Even included my BFF in the conversation even answering questions about her breasts, she goes back and forth about wanting implants to 'perk them up a bit' eventually Dr Pousti telling her if she's happy with how she looks don't do it. We were both kind of shocked to hear that. You'd think someone would be scheduling her surgery lol My consult was about 2 hours long. Never once did I feel like I was holding them up. I tried on sizers, and they used their 3d Vectra machine which is the coolest thing ever. He and his staff are friendly and outgoing but in a professional way. I live out of state, he's in California and I'm in Washington state. I sent my wish pix in via email and had a few phone calls from them in between. Pre op appt was the same, they seemed happy to see us, (me and my bestie) I was completely relaxed. Went over my wish pix and other normal paperwork. Surgery was the next day, bestie dropped me off at the surgery center. Dr Pousti 's surgery team is every bit as amazing as his office staff. I was not at all nervous, but excited to get my surgery done. Dr came in drew his markings everywhere (chest and labia) both with a mirror so I could see, which was interesting. When they walked me into the surgery room, is when it all hit me. I put on my brave face and hopped on the table. Littlest bit of nerves. The anesthesiologist told me I'd feel a cold feeling in my arm where the IV was and I'd be asleep before the count of 10. Dr Pousti was standing right next to me. I started to tear up a little, he smiled at me and held my hand until I was out. Waking up in recovery, I was only up for a few minutes before my BFF got there. Obviously I felt great still loaded up on meds. We got to her house I ate and slept. Only took the Percocet /Valium for two days then switched to acetaminophen and ibuprofen. Only taking Valium at bedtime. His staff calls everyday to check on me and answer questions. I layed low the first few days. I truly felt really good. Tired at times and mild discomfort Surg was Wed post op was Mon. I couldn't wait to see the Dr because I felt so good. Everything was healing well. Dr Pousti 's Rules for labiaplasty.. No boys, bikes or broncos for 6 weeks. They gave me a pink tank top that says Body by Pousti on the front. Of course I had to put it on right away! I got hugs, pix with the staff and Dr. It was a great experience. I'm excited to see them all again for my 6 week post op. Labiaplasty was the thing I was most nervous about. Breast Revision is more uncomfortable. Even that isn't bad, more annoying or inconvenient.