33 Years Old, Mom, First "Fun" Surgery After Hysterectomy - San Diego, CA

I have always been a small chested lady at 5'4"...

I have always been a small chested lady at 5'4" and petite. In my early 20's I started to think about having a breast augmentation to boost my confidence. I ended up with severe endometriosis which in the end stole part of my femininity. After difficult surgeries, recoveries and ultimately a hysterectomy in at 31 it was hard for me to feel "womanly." Long story short, somewhere between the crazy surgeries I had a miracle child, which led to miracle size breasts with pregnancy. I was ecstatic to see a shirt fit normally. The magic lasted until I stopped nursing. Shortly there after, hysterectomy occurred, hormones changed and everything went even smaller. You all know what I mean. It was two years ago I started seriously searching for a surgeon that would understand my dreams and desires with a breast augmentation and add back a part of me I felt was lost.
San Diego Plastic Surgeon

In the past, I was told you will have your surgery completed by doctor X. Now I had the power to choose, I researched compulsively looking up reviews, reading and re-reading. Every breast augmentation search led back to Dr. Pousti. I called and set up the initial consultation. I was SO nervous! I don't know why, the office ladies were kind and welcoming and helped to put me at ease. Then my husband and I met Dr. Pousti and all fears and nervousness melted. He was more than the reviews said. At the end of the consultation he described exactly what I wanted and told me to think about the options. After all I have been through, I knew right then I wanted to have Dr. Pousti be my surgeon. I booked my date that same day. Three weeks later I came back for pre-op which was a breeze, reviewed the goals of the surgery and I was excited for my "big" day. All the staff was friendly, and supportive and answered all of my questions. Dr. Pousti and his nurse called me the evening before to see if I had any questions and remind me they were they every step of the way. The big day came and I am used to general anesthesia, the butterflies were from anticipation of a dream of mine coming true. Dressed out for the surgery, Dr. Pousti came in to double check goals and noticed immediately I had scoliosis and changed on the spot the type of implants to balance my chest and make everything artistically match. (Keep in mind I never mentioned it before, it just never crossed my mind to.) For a surgeon to pick up on that literally right before and adjust to make me have the best possible outcome was amazing! We went into surgery and he held my hand until the anesthesia kicked in. Next thing I knew, was the odd slow blink coming out of the fog. His staff is so thoughtful they had placed my glasses on me so I could see immediately when I came too. I had never had that before. It's the little things that make a big difference. You wake up wearing your surgical bra and feel like a wonderful, womanly viking with silicone sisters a part of your body, gauze in place and moving oh so slow but happy! He came and spoke with me after. Each day for the following 10ish day the ladies from his staff called to check on me and ask if I had any questions and answered all of them. I had an appointment with Dr. Pousti 2 days after the surgery and he even had a vase of flowers for recovery! Today is my 2 week appointment, fingers crossed all is healing well. His staff and practice is truly wonderful.