27 Y/o, 5'4", 110lbs, No Kids. 325cc Mod+ Profile Silicone - San Diego, CA

Hi, ladies! I joined RealSelf as recommended by...

Hi, ladies!
I joined RealSelf as recommended by one of my good friends from high school. I have been wanting a breast augmentation for quite sometime now, but I haven't really thought about going through with it until about 4 years ago when I could afford it. I am a licensed nurse and also an RN student (graduating this September, yay!). I am a 26 y/o (27 this year) very petite Asian standing at 5'4" who is constantly judged about my appearance. Although I've never cared about what people think about me, I have low-key been self conscious about being skinny. A lot of girls tell me it's better to be skinny than fat or it's easier to gain weight than lose it. I can see where they're coming from, but I still feel uncomfortable with my size and I feel like a breast augmentation would be a great confidence boost. I have been drinking meal supplements ON TOP of my meals to dry to gain weight, but I haven't been seeing results lately. I don't have time to work out to gain muscle either. One thing that I feel are not attractive are my skinny arms and my clavicles pop out of my chest. There is one thing, though, that I am confident about and that is my booty (haha!). I am a size 5 in women's jeans depending on the brand. Being a size 5 with no boobies doesn't seem proportionate and I know I'd feel even better with an augmentation!
It wasn't until I brought it up to my mom that I wanted an augmentation that I stopped thinking about it. She is a traditional Filipino and is scared for anything and everything. Plus, I'm the baby of the family so of course she's going to be worried. I kept my mind off of it after I started working full time as a nurse. Now that I am finishing RN school while working full time as an LVN throughout the whole program and absolutely no absences, I have been feeling quite deserving :) I have been with my boyfriend coming up 2 years and he's always told me I don't need it and that I'm perfect the way I am. After looking at before and after inspiration photos, he's 100% supportive (haha!) I mean, what guy doesn't enjoy looking at breasts with his girlfriend, right?! He told me he'd take care of me throughout the whole process and even go to consultations with me if my girlfriends aren't available.
I am in the San Diego area and I have narrowed down my research to Dr. Pousti (#1) and Dr. Laverson. I am currently a 32A with padding of course. In reality, I don't think I'm even an A at all. I am hoping for silicone Cs under the muscle. I haven't gone to a single consultation yet so as far as cc's go, I couldn't tell you. I am also planning on getting them done mid-September if all goes well financially. Please let me know your input on your experience. Anything helps!

Very First Consultation!

I had my first consultation with a local PS this morning. My boyfriend was awesome enough to wake up early and come with me for moral support. I was nervous at first because I didn't know what to expect. I printed and filled out patient paperwork that was emailed to me prior to my appointment which was a time-saver. I brought a sports bra and a few v-necks and tank tops with me just in case I was able to see how the implants would look in different tops.

I anticipated Monday morning traffic so I decided to leave my place an hour and a half early. We ended up in traffic for only about 15 minutes so we were in the area about an hour and 15 minutes early. We killed time in the car where I was able to gather my thoughts. Finally, my boyfriend and I walked into the clinic and was greeted by the receptionist. After a few minutes, she greeted us into the room where we were to be seen by the PS. In the room were different types and sizes of implants. I was scared to touch them and of course my boyfriend played around with them.

The PS came in and started the process. He showed us plenty of before and after photos of "good" and "bad" outcomes and explained his technique on how he would achieve the "good" outcomes. He was very informative of the different types of implants they offered. He also described the different types of incisions used for breast augmentations. He didn't recommend the areola solely for scarring purposes. Since he specializes through the armpit, that's what he recommended for me.

He then examined my breasts. He measured 11.5 cm in diameter and he pointed out things I didn't notice about my breasts at all. He pointed out that my right breast has less breast tissue than my left and that it is wider than my left. We then went over a chart that showed different sizes from different companies around the 11.5 cm measurement. He concluded that I should be within 300cc-325cc to 350cc HP. I was actually surprised (and happy) that he recommended at least 300cc because that was around the size I was shooting for. I was scared he was going to say something smaller since I am very petite with very little breast tissue.

The only size I tried was 300cc of both low profile and high profile. He explained the differences and recommended that we go with the high profile under the muscle. I trusted his expertise and felt very comfortable with the size. I may go bigger since it'll be going under the muscle, but I have more research and thinking to do. He was nice enough to stay to make sure I had all my questions answered and he listened to all my concerns and made me feel at ease.

After the consultation concluded, I received my estimate. My problem was being able to finance it since I don't have the cash right now. I told the coordinator that I was shooting for mid-September since it works perfectly with my schedule. She told me my financing options, and good news for me, I am able to do in-house financing interest free! The more great news I got at the office, the more real it got and the more excited I am becoming!

I have my next consultation in two days so I will be keeping my options open. They definitely set the bar high and I left completely happy!

**P.S.: I will have photos of my natural breasts in another post

2nd Consultation

I had my second consultation a few days ago and it went even better than the first one. The first thing the PS asked me was what I wanted. The first PS went straight into explaining all the implants which, of course, isn't a bad thing, but this PS wanted to really listen to what I wanted.
He then went ahead and sized me. Compared to my first consultation measuring 11.5cm in diameter, this PS measured me at 12cm. I asked him what range of cc's would look good with my body. He is against giving clients ranges because they vary from girl to girl, but he gave me a rough estimate between 300cc-400cc.
He had me try on different profiles and also the shaped/textured implants. I first tried on 305cc silicone mod profile which I was comfortable with and was very similar to what I tried on during my first consultation. Then he had me try on the shaped and textured implant at 325cc. Personally, I wasn't a fan of the shaped implant. I know it gives a more natural shape but it was something I'd probably have to get used to. Then he had me try 425cc HP silicone which I was in shock! It was definitely not proportionate and he emphasized that it would look fake. I put on a V-neck top and it looked great. My PS was a big fan of the size and how it looked with my top on but I wanted something more natural.
I told him I would wanted something in between the 305cc and the 425cc he had me try on so he concluded I would look great with 355cc mod profile silicone :) -- I was more than happy with that size!
I was then brought to an office to discuss finances and potential surgery dates with the coordinator. The surgery date I am looking for is open at the time and I still need to figure out my financial situation, but it's working out in my favor so far! I have one more appointment with a highly reviewed local PS in about 2 weeks so I might be making my final decision soon!

Deposit down!!

Hi ladies!
I haven't updated in awhile because I was wrapping up school and have just been really busy! Well since my last update, I have gone to my third and final consultation and made my final decision with Dr. Pousti and my overall experience with him and his team were beyond my expectations!! His staff is amaaaazing! They were all so nice and very welcoming! Dr. Pousti made me feel like I was his only patient and really took his time to get to know me! One of his staff was kind enough to share her experience with me since she was a few months post-op. She even let me see and feel her breasts! He also had one of his other patients come on to talk to me and share her experience as well! Also because she had the same frame as I did so I could get a better reference of how her size breast would look like on me.
Sizing wise, Dr. recommended I got 350cc-375cc but I feel like that would be too big for me. I believe the patient that had a similar body frame as mine had 340cc and I was thinking to myself that I should probably go a little bit smaller... So I was thinking I go 325cc. I was able to try on the sizers and try on different shapes and sizes. 300cc even with my past consultations seemed to be my baseline based on my measurements and we would only go up from there. I am very comfortable with 300cc but I think I want to go bigger (go big or go home!). He had amazing technology which was able to give me an idea of how 300cc would look like.
I know this is odd, but I decided to put my down payment before scheduling a surgery date! I wanted to shoot for at least by the end of this year but my problem is finding the days off from work especially since the holidays are fast approaching. I just wanted to seal the deal and don't turn back, so I put my money down!! It still hasn't hit me yet but I know it will once I set a date!
Thank you, Dr. Pousti and staff for such an amazing consultation experience and making me feel comfortable with my decision. I am beyond excited to see how my journey will progress. I can't wait for my new girls!!

Surgery Date Scheduled!!

I've made the spontaneous decision to schedule my date without even knowing if I can get the time off from work yet (lol), but I'm just gunna have to make it happen somehow! Thankfully, the Dr. had the exact date I was looking for. Looks like it's meant to happen!

Essentials

So I'm about 3 1/2 weeks out from my pre-op appointment (which is 3 weeks before my surgery date) and I've come up with a list of surgery essentials that might help me. So far I have:
- Pillows
- Gatorate
- Gauze pads
- Bendable straws
- Wireless sports bra

Any other suggestions?! I would greatly appreciate any feedback :)

Exactly One Month Away!!

I can't believe how fast time is flying! I have my date scheduled for Dec. 15 and I feel like there's so much stuff I need to do! Even though it's still a month away, I feel like it's going to come before I know it! I'm juggling two jobs right now so I feel like I need more time in a day.
I have my pre-op appointment on Nov. 24 and I know Dr. Pousti wants me to make a poster board of my wish boobs of do's and dont's. Good thing I bought a brand new printer! I still need to buy ALL of my essentials. I can't wait to wear wireless bras, most especially sports bras. I also want to clean my entire apartment so I can just relax while I recover and not have to worry about staring at a dirty place and not being able to do anything about it.
Ahhhh I'm so excited!!

Pre-Op Done!

As much as I'm on RealSelf (I visit the site every day) I have been so busy lately to keep up with my updates. But my surgery date is down to 2 1/2 weeks so I should be posting more.. Also more pre-op photos to share!
Anyway, I had my pre-op appointment on Tuesday. Even while I was sitting at the office, it still hasn't hit me that I'm actually getting the surgery done! I went into the office and signed a bunch of paperwork which included my medical history, information about the procedure, information about silicone implants, risks, etc. Then Daisy had me take a pregnancy test (there is no blood work done which I've read is done at a lot of cosmetic surgery offices). Negative, of course! Then she took me into a room to take pre-op photos from different angles. She then sat down with me to go over the procedure from pre-op to post-op in full detail. She would often stop and ask me if I had any questions. I can't express enough how amazing Dr. Pousti's staff is! Then we went over my prescriptions (that I didn't get filled until today, btw). They gave me Percocet for the pain, Valium for muscle soreness, and Zofran for nausea. Towards the end of the appointment, I met with Dr. Pousti. He was still in his scrubs from doing surgery all day. He took a look at my frame and said he was looking forward to the procedure and reassured me amazing results!
If some of you know Dr. Pousti, he's a very busy man! His office is always busy. I was there for about 2 hours and even 15 minutes before closing, there were still a lot of people. That also gave me reassurance that I chose the right doctor since a lot of people are inquiring with him :)

Today is Black Friday and I had no intention at all of going shopping. When I got home from my second job, my boyfriend mentioned he needed a few things from the store and asked me to come with him. The reason why I am against Black Friday is because I've worked retail in the past and I've been traumatized since, lol. Anyway, I decided to go with him to Target. Good thing I went.. It wasn't that busy and I scored on sports bras! I should have been looking for gifts for my family, but I couldn't pass up the 40% off of apparel. I ended up buying 3 sports bras. 2 of them have padding but I'm planning on removing them later. I decided to buy size Medium to be safe. Knowing my size, I'm always used to buying XS or small so it was really weird for me buying a Medium. I just don't know how big I will end up. I couldn't find front-zip bras at target, but I know I've seen a couple at Wal-Mart.

I found out yesterday that my primary job approved my vacation! I will be taking 17 days off of work and I know that will be more than enough! I still have more prepping to do! I need to clean my whole apartment so I'm not staring at a dirty place and won't be able to do anything about it while I'm recovering.

Count down to 18 days!!

?Anyway, quick stats just in case you haven't seen my other review:

Anyway, quick stats just in case you haven't seen my other review:

Age: 27
Height: 5'4"
Weight: 110lbs
Surgery plan: 300-325cc HP Silicone

I AM 6 DAYS AWAY from the "big" day! Mentally, I think I'm ready. If anything, I just can't wait to get this last week of work over-with. I still need to clean my entire apartment. I only have 3 sports bras so far... I just have to buy a front-zip one because I'm anticipating T-Rex arms during recovery and probably won't be able to get the bra over my head after the first few days. I bought a neck pillow from Ross. I have my prescriptions filled. I have more than enough pillows to prop me up while I sleep. I'm planning on sleeping on the couch since everything (besides the bathroom) is accessible from the living room. I just have to meal prep. I have NutriMeal to get me through the first couple days, but knowing my eating habits, I don't think I'll have a problem eating. I've been put under before with my wisdom teeth and didn't follow the "no eating or drinking after midnight" directions and I wasn't nauseous when I woke up. I was just in pain and groggy.

Another update** I FINALLY told my parents, lol! My mom was my biggest fear since she said "no" the first time a few years ago when I was still living at home. Now that I'm on my own with a stable job, she was totally fine with it and made me feel like I should have told her sooner. I even showed her photos from here and she was pretty interested to see how mine will turn out. She made it easy for me and told my dad herself and she said he just laughed it off. Now all the important people in my life are aware and that's all that matters to me :)

2 MORE DAYS!!

I can't believe it! Just two more sleeps then I'll be meeting the twins (well, "sisters" but you get the point lol)! Tonight is my last night of work but I contacted my scheduling coordinator to see if I can get cancelled haha. She said if no one calls out in an hour, she'll cancel me. So I'm keeping my fingers cross.
I need to use tonight to clean my apartment. That's the last thing I need to do! I've read that their are healing creams for those with an incision under the breasts.. Are there any for incisions at the nipples? I forgot to ask my PS unless I overlooked it on my pre-op paperwork.
I missed a call from a nurse at the surgery center who left a very detailed message of "day of" instructions of what I can or can't do. I'm pretty sure it won't hit me until I wake up from surgery haha. Almost there!

Quick question!

I am the biggest stomach/side sleeper and I'm not looking forward to be sleeping propped up on my back for a few weeks. For all my fellow stomach sleepers, how long did it take to go back to sleeping on your stomach? It it even recommended? :(

Anxiety!!

It's my last night with my cute little boobies!
I swear I was fine all day! I kept busy working before sunrise up until sunset. I had my first meal today at 4pm.. That's how busy I was (whew!). I picked up a few things. I still need to pick up a stool softener and some hibiclens wash for tomorrow morning. Good thing my hairwash day is tomorrow as well. I'm instructed to check in at 10am, but surgery isn't until noon. I was hoping it would be early in the morning. Unfortunately I have all morning tomorrow to be anxious lol. All I need is to set up my sleeping area with a bunch of pillows and have my bf's little table next to me on the couch for my laptop and chargers. Basically to have everything within reach. He said he will call off work tomorrow to take care of me. I'm actually supposed to have someone with me for the first 24 hours after surgery for safety reasons. I'm not allowed to eat anything after midnight. It's currently 10:15pm so I should eat something now while I can haha.

Tomorrow morning, I will post all my pre-op photos :)

Counting down the HOURS!!

The Day Is Finally Here!!!

I had the worse anxiety last night. So I slept it off. Good thing I was pretty tired from my work day. Here are my "before" photos! The neon green was is a size small and was one of the ones I used when I used to work out. The rest are my post-op bras! My boyfriend and I are about to leave our place. We conveniently live about 10 minutes from the surgery center using the side streets but I want to get there early.

Wish me luck!!! :)

THE GIRLS ARE HERE!!!

My plan was to update right when I got home but I knocked out right away. I've been in and out of sleep since I got home around 2ish and it is now 12:30am Wednesday. (I originally started this entry at 10pm and next thing I knew... I woke up again, lol)

My boyfriend and I ended up at the surgery center 40 minutes early so we stayed in the car. I have a thing about being early just in case I can't find the place or that I'm concerned about the parking situation. The parking lot was a little full but luckily we found one. We stayed in the car until 9:45am (check-in was at 10am) so I can get myself together lol.
I got checked-in and had to sign a few more papers including my boyfriend's contact information for when he picked me up. He didn't have to stay at the facility the whole time. I was taken back and the nurse asked me a few questions.. Pretty much the same questions on my pre-op paperwork. Then I had to give another urine sample to ensure I wasn't pregnant. Negative, of course. Then I changed into a bear claw gown that hooks up to a wall which had a control for heat and cool. It was extremely cold in the whole facility so I kept the gown on the highest setting. She had me stand up so she can write "silicone" on my belly. Then I met with the nurse who was going to be with me in the surgery room. We basically went over the look I was hoping to achieve by using my "boobspiration" board. She wrote notes for Dr. Pousti so he had an even better idea of what I wanted. A few more minutes came by then Dr. Pousti came by to make the makings on my breasts. He pointed out something that I didn't realize I had (until I was looking over my pre-op photos). He said the distance from my clavicle to the bottom of my boobs were pretty far so he mentioned that he might have to go up to 350cc to achieve the look I wanted and give me a fuller top...
I was then taken into the OR and said my goodbyes to my boyfriend. Once I laid down in the surgery table, the anesthesiologist warned me that I would feel a stinging/burning sensation as the medication when through. Dr Pousti was holding my hand the whole time and reassured me was going to be ok and that everything will go great and smoothly :) Within seconds, my eyes got heavy and I went to sleep. The last thing I remember was the staff looking right at me until that moment.
I woke up in the recovery room. I tried to glimpse at the clock but I was extremely busy. If I remember correctly, it was 1:20pm and my surgery started around 12pm. The first thing I remember asking the nurse was "how did I do?" and "what size did I get?!" She said she would check the chart but I don't remember her coming back to tell me lol. I think I fell back asleep and I woke up peeking at the numbers on my breasts. It was so hard for me to focus on top of trying to read it upside down. My head kept spinning and spinning so I fell asleep again. She told me I'm not supposed to peak at my boobs and that the surgical bra is meant to stay in place at all times. I hear that nurses make the worse patients, so of course I didn't comply and finally took a peek. I ended up with 325cc mod profile :) The original plan was 325cc high profile but I trusted him to do whatever he needed to do to make sure I would look good :) I was kind of worried with going with the 350cc like he mentioned because that was nowhere near my request and I didn't want it to look too big.
I went back to sleep until around 2pm. I kept asking the nurse for nausea medication because I couldn't shake off the dizziness. Then the nurse called my boyfriend back and explained to him all the post-op instructions. She told him what time my next pain pill was due and that I was able to take my Valium and Zofran when I got home. She also told him that every hour I was to move my toes up and down to promote circulation and to take deep breaths while I do it to get the anesthesia out only while I was awake.
Right when I moved to the chair, I asked the nurse for a bag because I felt like vomiting. I ended up throwing up a lot of water from the IV since I couldn't eat anything past midnight that morning. She gave me one more dose of Zofran before she disconnected my IV. My boyfriend pulled the car up and the nurse wheeled me out. When I sat in the car, I threw up again so I asked my boyfriend to park immediately lol. We stayed parked for about 5 minutes then off we went home. I knocked out right away.. I don't recall throwing up during the drive.
Like I mentioned before, my place was only 10 minutes away from the surgery center. My apartment complex had speed bumps so I had to remind my boyfriend to go reallyyyyy slowly. We got home and I sat on my couch with all the pillows to prop me up. I think I threw up some more and fell asleep again.
I think I've been throwing up since I had nothing to eat all day and I'm a really petite girl. I didn't bother calling the Dr's office because I was assuming it's normal.
I woke up from one of my naps and my boyfriend surprised with beautiful diamond earrings!!! He said it was a recovery/Christmas present to compliment my new hair and new body!! All my nausea and pain went away at that moment lol!! He's been doing an amazing job taking care of me! I feel so bad because I hate asking him to do things!

Post Op Day 2

So far my recovery has been amaaaazing!!! I highly anticipated so much pain that I wasn't going to be able to do things for myself. The worse part so far was the day of surgery with all the nausea. I hate throwing up and the nausea and vomiting was worse than the pain.
Yesterday (day one post-op) it was both pain and muscle tightness which were both tolerable. I don't have T-Rex arms, but my nurse said to keep both my arms to the sides so I've been having my boyfriend tie my hair up for me. I've been able to get up by myself and use the bathroom by myself. I would get dizzy here and there from the Percocet though. Staying on top of my pain meds and muscle relaxants are definitely helping. And the idea of staying in my robe for toileting purposes helps as well.
I had a couple friends come by yesterday and both of them said it didn't seem like I was only one day post-op lol. I agree. I don't feel like it has only been a day either. They brought me food and gifts! Soooo sweet of them!! My boyfriend didn't go to work again and this time it wasn't by choice. His work called him and told him he can stay home. He even told me he felt like he hasn't been helping me that much, but that's only because I haven't really asked him for anything.
Yesterday I was still in and out of sleep. I kept taking a look at my boobs even though I'm not supposed to. I can't help it!!
It is now 8am. I had an alarm set for my Valium so it's due now but I'm not sure if I need it. I took one around midnight so I set it for 8am to remind myself that's it's due, so I'm awake now. Not much pain or muscle soreness at the moment. I did, however, wake up around 3am to use the bathroom and it was a little painful so I took a Perfocet.
Later on today is my first post-op appointment and I can't wait! I get to see my breasts full on without my bra and I'm excited :) I'll definitely take pictures and keep you updated!
Dr. Pousti's office and the surgery center has called every day since surgery to check up on me! They're extremely sweet and so nice. My experience with them have been nothing short of amazing and I'm glad I made the decision to go with them :)

First Post-Op Appointment

I just returned from my first post-op appointment. I still can't express how nice and welcoming Dr. Pousti and his staff are! I checked in and didn't even have to wait long until I was called back into the room. The assistant (I think her name was Lauren -- sorry I forgot!) unhooked my bra and the surgical strap and you don't know how gooooood it felt! I didn't realize how tight they were and I just though it was the tightness from my breasts lol. She inspected the areas especially the nipple incisions and she said they are looking great. Then shortly after, Dr. Pousti came in and assessed me as well and said they're looking great with no signs of complications :) I asked him why he didn't follow through with the 350cc like he planned and he said they would have been too big for me. So I was glad because I really wanted to stick with 325cc. He said I will have the nice cleavage that I want once they drop! My next appointment is next Wednesday and they will teach me massages. They also said I won't be able to shower by then :( so I will just have to stick with sitting in the bathtub to wash my bottom half.. Sorry TMI.
They did say I am able to wash my surgical bra and use a sports bra in the meantime. I'll listen to them this time and put the surgical bra back on once it's clean. I know it was meant to be worn for a month for a reason so I don't want to risk anything. My friend was able to snap a quick photo before they came back in! Dr. Pousti also had flowers for me waiting in the room and I thought that was so sweet and thoughtful!
THANK YOU DR. POUSTI AND YOUR AMAZING STAFF!!!

Crepitus

I noticed yesterday before my pre-op appointment that as I kept touching the top of my breasts, I kept feeling these little air bubbles that would pop as I touched them. They would go away if I were to push around the same spot again soon after, but they would come back after an hour or so. I asked the assistant during my pre-op appointment and she simply said they are just air bubbles called "crepitus" and is completely normal after surgery. It kind of reminds me of popping bubble wrap when I was a kid, lol. I can't really hear anything though... I can just feel it. So if you ladies are experiencing it, don't worry :)

Day 3 photos are coming soon after my boyfriend wakes up!

Day 3 Post Op

Has it been 3 days already?! Time is really flying by. So far, my only complaints are the Day 1 nausea, sleeping propped up on my back, and the tingling sensation around my nipple incisions. It also doesn't help that the weather is cold!
I kept waking up last night because I was so uncomfortable! Like I've said before, I'm a huge stomach sleeper and sleeping propped up on my back is something I still need to get used to. Other than that, I think it's safe to say I don't need to take any more meds (yaaay!) No more pain whatsoever. I don't even have any tightness when I get up from my couch. I'm able to do things on my own and reach for things without any help. I am still taking it easy though. I'm still asking my boyfriend for stuff I can't reach. He has today and tomorrow off from work so I'll definitely use his help.
Daisy from Dr. Pousti's office stays on top of the daily calls to see how I'm doing. She's sweet as always! I just asked her when I can wash my bra and shower and she said I can't wash my bra until 2 weeks post-op and that I can't shower until my second post-op appointment this coming Wednesday :( I will just sit in the tub and wash my bottom half because I can't go that long without some kind of shower lol.
My boyfriend helped me take my Day 3 photos and that's the first time he's seen them full on and he's loving them! He thinks they're the perfect size for me and I agree :) he pointed out that my nipples look funny because they're pointing downward. Hopefully they come back up when they drop and fluff lol. So here are my Day 3 photos! I noticed my left boob is slightly bigger and higher than my right boob so hopefully symmetry happens over time. Regardless, I'm excited about them!

Also, don't mind my Cookie Monster onesie and the surgery markings...

Day 4 Post Op

Daisy from Dr. Pousti's office called me around 8 this morning to see how I was doing. Last night, I made a mental note to myself to make sure to ask her when I can start sleeping on my back. But of course, I told her everything was fine and totally forgot to ask her that question lol.
Today was even better than yesterday! It can only go up from here. I was still anticipating "maybe tomorrow will be worse.. Maybe the next day might be worse" but so far it has been smooth sailing :) I still wake up every few hours because I'm uncomfortable sleeping propped up.
I took the girls out today! My bf and I had to do some Christmas shopping for his family. I was able to wear my purse on my shoulder with no problem. I did switch sides every so often. I walked slowly though and tried to hold my boobs discretely because my nipples still tingle if the gauze rubs against it. No pain though!
Here are some Day 4 photos! I know there are not much of a change yet but it will be nice to compare when I look back at it. I took most of the markings off. Some may look like there's bruising but they're actually just the markings. I've only noticed one small bruise near my right incision. Enjoy!

**My boyfriend wasn't home at the time to take the pictures for me..

Sports Bra Fun

I slept better last night. I only remember waking up once to readjust myself. I laid a little more on my back last night too so maybe I'll be able to slowly go back down to my back as long as I can tolerate it. Anyway, I needed to give the girls some breathing room because, like I mentioned before, the bottom of my surgical bra has a strap that keeps the girls in place so every time I take it off, it's a huge relief. Here are 2 of the bras I tried on. I was only able to try on 2 out of the 4 I have because when I tried putting the other 2 on, it was too tight for me to put over my head/put my arms through so I didn't want to traumatize the girls just yet.

Day 5 Post-Op -- Drove For The First Time!

You might be getting tired of my daily updates, but this is something I would love to look back on and maybe my friends who are thinking about getting them done can get a glimpse of how it was every day for the first few days for me :)

I was instructed not to drive until I was officially off pain meds which totally makes sense because Percocet made me way too drowsy. I couldn't take it. I didn't like how it made me feel so I stuck with Valium. I was completely off pain meds by the beginning of Day 3. Today is Day 5 so I took myself out for a drive. Let me tell you, if you haven't realized it by now, you probably use more pectoral muscles than you think lol! It wasn't painful, it was just a weird sore feeling. I had to make a few u-turns today. Other than that, everything was fine. I was able to wear the seatbelt over my boobs and it didn't hurt.

Here are Day 5 photos. I know we'll be able to see big changes weeks apart, but it's fun to see how it changes by the day. I also have a close-up of the only bruising I've seen under my right nipple. And I also posted how my surgical bra looks like. Most bras I've seen have the straps separate and placed on top of the breasts to help them drop. Mine, on the other hand, is connected to the bottom.. I'm not exactly why. I'm just following directions lol.

Day 6 Post-Op

Not much changes from yesterday. This morning I was greeted by Vanessa from Dr. Pousti's office maintaining their daily phone calls :) I asked her if it's ok to unstrap my bra for a few minutes multiple times a day and she said "absolutely!" Such a relief!
I made the mistake last night of trying to sleep on my back lol. It was both comfortable and uncomfortable at the same time. Comfortable because finally I was on my back.. Uncomfortable because I felt like I was suffocating lol. So I need to ease my way back down to my back.
I'm visiting my family today and it's the first time they've seen me with the girls! Not as awkward as I thought it would be :)
Tomorrow is one week already! I can't believe it.

One Week Anniversary!

Wow! I can't believe it's been a whole week since the procedure! As you read, my recovery has been a breeze with the exception of Day 1 and not being able to sleep on my back. Most of the pressure/soreness is gone but I can still feel a little at times. Driving isn't too bad anymore. I still have markings on my body that I still can't seem to wipe off. I even tried soap and water every time I would wash my bottom half. I'll be getting the "ok" to shower tomorrow at my second post-op appointment.
Here is my one week photo! Sorry the lighting isn't great as usual. Lefty is still higher but I can see and feel some changes. They're definitely getting softer by the day :)

8 Days Post-Op: 2nd Post-Op Appt

Today I had my second post-op appointment at 5pm. Dr. Pousti's office was still extremely busy at that time! I was probably there for 45 minutes total. Daisy took some photos of my progress, gave me more instructions, taught me massages, and finally gave me the "ok" to take a full shower (yay!). The massages that she demonstrated felt really good, as weird as that sounds. It will help the implants drop and fluff/soften up as well as prevent scar tissue. She was very informative as usual. Then Dr. Pousti came and and told me I was healing great for 8 days post-op! They also gave me a souvenir tank top which was very sweet of them! Then I made my next post-op appointment that isn't until mid-January. Until then, I have to continue with my massages and they emphasized on how important it is to keep my steri-strips dry. Looks like I need to buy more than waterproof Band-Aids for extra protection!

2 Weeks Anniversary (+1 day)

I meant to write a 2-week post but I was so busy yesterday! As usual, the girls are doing well, dropping slowly but surely, and are continuing to soften as I massage them. What I didn't consider going into the surgery at this time of year is how COLD I easily get and the girls feel funny every time my nipples harden lol! Sorry, TMI. I am able to sleep on my back comfortably and slowly sleeping on my side as tolerated. I definitely can't wait to sleep on my stomach again!
Anyway, the waterproof bandaids work well! I am keeping my incisions/steri-strips dry as instructed. The nurse in me thinks it's best to do my massages during a hot shower so that my muscles are nice and relaxed and the water helps make the circular motions easier to do. Although they are getting softer, I'm still not able to push them together at this time. I am seeing tiny changes in cleavage but I'm still hopeful that I will get more cleavage as they drop. Regardless, I am beyond happy with them if they were to stay this way. I never thought I would like/enjoy the perky look!
Here are a few photos! The first one is Day 10 in great lighting. It was at a hotel and there was no way I would leave without taking a picture lol. The next few photos were taken yesterday (actual 2-week anniversary) :)

3 Week Anniversary + Sports Bra Fun Pt 2

I am still noticing some changes most especially in the softening of the implants. I am still doing massages every day and I am still wearing my surgical bra as instructed. I have my next post-op appointment next week and maybe I'll have the ok to be completely out of it. I wear sports bras to work because the surgical bra has no padding and I wouldn't feel comfortable to go to work in a grandma bra lol.
I think I figured out the "uncomfortable" feeling that I was having. I think it was in my last post where I mentioned that my boobs felt uncomfortable and I blamed it on the cold weather. Turns out that I'm getting full/complete sensation back in my nipples. I didn't realize I had slight temporary loss of sensation in my nipples until I felt everything completely again. Now that I can feel everything, I can now feel the incisions. A few days ago, I felt a burning sensation on my incision area that lasted a couple days. Now it's completely itchy which I think is normal in the healing process. I am going to have to bring that up at my post-op appointment to make sure it's normal. I still have my steri-strips on. I think they said they were going to peek at my incisions at my next appointment to see how they're healing. I still have to keep them completely dry so I still have to wear waterproof band-aids while I shower.
Anyway, here are some updated photos! Not much changes from week 2 to week 3 but definitely some changes in the softness!

Happy One Monthsary!!

One whole month already?! I can't believe it. I'm a million times more confident in myself and I haven't even been flashing off the girls. That's when I know I did this for ME :)
Not much changes in appearance besides softening. I have my 3rd post-op appointment tomorrow and I'm crossing my fingers that they finally take the steri-strips off. They haven't even touched or peaked at it since I got them done. It's been driving me crazy now because of how itchy the incisions are! I've noticed some drainage in the strips. I find myself scratching around it and I even wake up to myself scratching which is BAD but I hope I didn't do too much damage. They're also starting to smell (ewww, TMI sorry). I'm just anticipating it be all healed already!

Incision: First Look

I just got home from my appointment. It's the first time Dr. Pousti and his team (including myself) has seen under the steri-strips. I finally realized what was causing the crazy itching! On top itching being part of the normal healing process, turns out my skin was extra sensitive to the adhesive and steri-strips. It was already red when the assistant took off the strips. Now that they're off, the itching went away! Dr. wants me to avoid any antibiotic ointments of any kind. Just normal soap and water during my showers. I didn't even bother asking about anti-itch creams because I don't want to irritate it. The incision area is completely closed. No drainage coming out or anything.
Notice how small my areola is lol. Crazy to wonder how you can stick an implant through that little incision. Even before the procedure, Dr. Pousti said he would have to make the incision outside my areola because they are THAT small haha!
In other great news, they told me to have a burn party for my surgical bra! I have officially graduated :)

5 weeks - 32D

I feel like most of the swelling has gone down almost completely so I decided to take a trip to Victoria's Secret yesterday to get sized. I was shocked to hear "32D-32DD!" From how the girls looked under clothes while wearing sports bras for a month, I thought they looked like they would be in the B-C range. I've heard VS runs small so I'll see if a bra at Target fits the same. Mind you, I've never owned a bra from VS so what do I know? Lol. Don't get me wrong, I'm definitely not complaining!
A lot of the bras that I was interested in were sold out so the lady gave me the "sister size" of 34C. It didn't fit well and I didn't want to settle. Looked like my nipples were trying to say, "hi." I never thought I'd see the day!
I'm still doing massages every single day and I continue to notice them dropping. Here are a few photos!

6 Weeks

At this point in time, I don't want any further changes in the girls! Lol! I looooove how they look right now. They can use more softening but if it doesn't get any softer, I'd be totally happy. I just need them soft enough for me to sleep comfortably on my stomach, then I'll be 100%. In my wish pics, I wanted cleavage closer together, but now I like the little gap there is left. I can add cleavage with the right bra, or I can leave it be because it looks natural that way. I'm still obsessed! Oh and by the way, I was instructed to not wear wire bras just yet because I still need to allow them to drop, but I don't want them to drop anymore lol!! My torso is fairly long so I don't need them to look like they're sagging.
Still doing massages and my skin irritation is all gone. I think it's safe to say I can use scar cream now :)

2 Months!

The girls are feeling more and more like my own! I've pretty much stuck with wire bras since my last entry! I'm still very much obsessed with the girls lol. I don't massage as much as I did before because I didn't want them to drop anymore but I do want them to soften still so I'll start massaging again.
I just have one photo since there's not much significant changes since my last entry. Loving the cleavage ;) I hope you girls are healing well!

A Few Days Shy Of 3 Months!

Current cleavage!
Hope you ladies are healing well!
San Diego Plastic Surgeon