23 Years Old, 5'4, 110 Lbs, 425 cc Silicone Implants - San Diego, CA

Hi! i am really doubting this will be read by...

hi!

i am really doubting this will be read by anyone but myself, but after seeing how helpful other people's were, i decided i just have to keep a journal of my progress, even just for me :)

my breast augmentation surgery scheduled for a week from tomorrow (monday). i am getting it done during my 1 week spring break from grad school, so really hoping the recovery time will be quick enough for me to get back into the school work!!

anyway, i am 23 years old, 5'4, and my weight is always somewhere between 108-113 lbs. i currently wear a 32 aa or 32 a bra. i had my pre-op last monday and decided on getting 415 cc silicone HP implants. i told the doctor that i was looking to be a medium to large c cup. obviously as we have all probably realized at this point from reading reviews and responses on this website, there is no such things as implants to a specific cup size. i completely understand that haha so we will see!! the doctor recommended that i get 415 cc implants to 450 cc implants to achieve the look i am going for which is "not a b cup and preferably not a d cup." i don't like the "super fake" look of implants but i realize that i am small and my waste is really small, so a "c" and/or 415 cc silicone implants are going to be somewhat fake looking. that being said, i tried on the implants under the sports bra at the appointment and they looked good! not super crazy because that is really not what i am going for. my mentality was that while i want to look natural, there is no way i am spending 6k to have a b cup. hoping i feel the same way post op haha i think i will!

in case people who are considering their cc size still happen to come across this - the doctor gave me different implants to try on at my pre-op without telling me which size was which, instead letting me choose what i thought looked the best. i chose the middle option, which he then told me was 415 cc. at first i was really freaked out because i had done some research and most of the post op implant pictures i liked were smaller sizes. that being said, the sizing depends on how much breast tissue you have, and since i don't have a lot, it just takes more to achieve the size i want. i've read that 100-125 ccs is about a cup size, so i think it makes sense.

really excited! will post a few more pre-op pics in the next week before my surgery.

- sc

Today is the day!!

Hi! my surgery is scheduled for 4:30 pm today PST. getting really excited!! recorded a video, but can't decide if it would be helpful to have videos documenting progress as well as pictures? anyway, attaching two more pictures of me, one in a sports bra and one in a cute bra that i don't quite fill out haha and then a picture of kate sullivan that i am showing to my plastic surgeon as an ideal size. i think we have pretty similar body types so hoping it will be a useful reference for him. 425 ccs is still the plan today so yay wish me luck! ps it looks like my pictures are gonna post sideways but they aren't sideways so idk

1 day post-op

hi everyone!! the surgery went great yesterday! the anesthesiologist was pretty funny so that set off the surgery in a lighthearted mood. she kind of crushed my dreams about getting a phd in psychology but i think she meant well? anyway, slept through the whole thing and didn't wake up until i was in the car! from what i've heard from my mom and boyfriend, i was on a good one when i got home haha so first, we went with the 425 cc and they are seriously the perfect size! i know you can't really tell at the beginning because they are so swollen and stuff, but they are not too big at all and i am really excited. glad i trusted the PS about what size. i went in for my post op appointment this morning and he said everything went perfect during surgery yesterday and just to ice ice ice for 72 hours, take the muscle relaxers, and i can shower tomorrow. attaching a couple pictures :)

day 5 update

day 5 and things are great! i am so happy with my decision to get them done. i somehow managed to pull my pectoral muscle, or whatever one they put the implant under, on my dominant side so it is pretty painful on the left side of my left breast whenever i move that arm. its pretty much any motion above 90 degrees or across my body. besides that the pain is really manageable. i've just been taking muscle relaxers 2x a day and pain pills 2x a day, but i really don't think i would be taking the pain pills if it were not for the muscle pull, because my right arm/side/breast is totally fine. i couldn't go to the bathroom until yesterday, day 4, which was not fun! i was struggling because i was in pain (my left side) but didn't want to eat in order to take pain pills because i felt so full. but after 3 colace, coffee, a walk, and a burrito - the miracle happened and i felt way better. sorry for the TMI haha but possibly useful information for anyone else having bathroom problems. will update in a couple days :)

5 month update!

Hi,

I realized I didn't post any pictures or give an update after the first week post-op, so I wanted to close out with some thoughts.

Beyond happy that I chose to get my breast augmentation. Honestly, no regrets!! :) They're fun. It may be a little different running and working out, sometimes sleeping in certain positions, but nothing that can't be gotten used to. I can fit into most 34C bras, but most of mine at 32 D or 32 DD. Before I got them done having a D seemed crazy to me, but they really aren't that big and you can play them up or down depending on your bra and what you wear.

If anyone ever has questions let me know. Overall, so so so happy yay :)
San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon