VBeam, Subcision, Deep FX, Belotero Filler - San Diego, CA

I've struggled with acne for so long now. I first...

I've struggled with acne for so long now. I first broke out when I was about 12, and it didn't stop completely until I was 27. So it's left me with a bunch of acne scarring on my temples, eyebrows and lower cheeks. I previously did two sessions of lower-strength Deep FX to some moderate improvement. The dermatologist I was seeing recommended continuing with the laser procedures until we reached a certain level of improvement that I was happy with but I didn't think it was worth it (at $1,350 each session). I found Dr. Fabi via Yelp after deciding to do something a bit more substantial. I have a darker Asian skin tone and she recommended a more aggressive level of Deep FX, V Beam (for redness leftover from acne), subcision and fillers in the individual scars. I was at first against doing fillers because they are temporary and I'd have to keep going back to do it but Dr. Fabi said they still help stimulate collagen and I'm so happy I decided to go with all of her recommendations. The procedure itself was very tolerable. I had the V Beam, Deep FX, subcision and fillers all done on the same day. I think combining all 4 procedures was key to seeing improvements. I'm just over three months post-procedure now and the results have been awesome! I'd been so embarrassed and my self-confidence was always low because of the scarring and now it's just crazy to see the improvement. I'm so excited and thankful to Dr. Fabi and her team. It is definitely a significant investment of time (I had about a week and a half of downtime before I could put on makeup and get back to work) and money but it's worth it. I think it's important to be realistic with acne scar treatments, and know that you might not see 100% improvement ever, but even small changes helped improve the overall texture of my skin. Dr. Fabi is great, knowledgeable and super sweet, and I think is very honest with what to expect and what can be done.
San Diego Dermatologic Surgeon