25 Y/o Female Labiaplasty of the Labia Minora - San Diego, CA

My procedure was for labia minora reduction. My...

My procedure was for labia minora reduction. My labia was dark along the edges, with uneven sides (one side having a cluster of tissue that was bigger than the other). The uneven sides caused period blood to always stain my underwear, so I had to put my pad towards the side. It also somewhat interfered with intercourse, as I had to move the lump of tissue out of the way as it would get caught. My goal was a smaller, neater labia without the darkest edges, so I chose Dr. Pousti to do my surgery.

Reference photos

Reference photos for how I wanted the outcome to look. The overall skin color will obviously not change, just the color of the outer edge, shape, and size of the labia.

Pre-op

Day 0 (Post-op)

The anesthesia went super smooth, no panic or confusion when I woke up. Not much swelling immediately after procedure (sorry, couldn't find photos). A LOT of nausea, even with anti-nausea medication. I threw up everything I attempted to eat that day...

Day 1

The worst day in terms of swelling. Still fairly numb, and had to walk very carefully. I slept most of the day and took opioid painkillers. The suture line was bleeding fairly heavily so I had an XL pad on and lots of ice, on and off.

Day 3

Some increased swelling along the clitoral hood. The numbness is gone, pain was probably the worst today. Lots of stinging/burning/cutting pains, so more Tylenol and resting all day.

Day 4

More clitoral hood swelling - it almost looks like a bulb. Mostly bed rest, although I am walking around the hotel more at this point.

Day 5

The swelling seems to have reached a peak and from today on, subsides slowly day by day. The pain is starting to ease as well, and I'm getting the occasional tingling/stabbing pain as my nerves start recovering. I am walking around the hotel and took my first shower with antibacterial soap.

Day 6

I went for a checkup with the doc and nurses. They examined the labia area and answered all of my questions. I did have less swelling than many patients. There were no complications or infections near the sutures. At this point I still do not know how the outcome will turn out, and the labia is usually very uneven and bumpy right after the procedure. I am happy that the doc removed a mole near my labia and also helped reduce the size of my clitoral hood at no additional cost. This was also my last day before the flight home, so they gave me flowers - and how could you go wrong with that?!

Day 7

One last photo before the updates get farther and farther apart. This was after the flight home, which thankfully did not cause much swelling. The edge around the sutures are starting to turn a bright tender red, which may be due to healing and new tissue growth. There is also a mysterious grey edge at the bottom, which I was told was not a concern..

Day 9

Some further swelling 2 days later, and the mysterious grey edges near the bottom persist. I am noticing less pain and more tingling/itching, but overall I am able to go back to relatively sedentary work with occasional walking.
San Diego Plastic Surgeon

Dr. Pousti was direct about the procedure. I chose him due to favorable reviews, and his sense of aesthetics in terms of his previous patient's results. He is very prudent in not removing too much tissue. He was careful to make sure he understands exactly what I wanted, and is open to pictures/drawings/photos/ideas that I brought with me, so there was absolutely no confusion about the expectations before the operation. He and his staff follow up on patients consistently, and the prescriptions (which are picked up downstairs) and other paperwork were a breeze. They gave me a lovely vase of flowers when I left! One thing to note was that the doc had this weird conversation about having doubts right before operating on me because he doesn't want bad ratings and/or realself reviews as it would affect his livelihood and family...I mean really? I was half distracted and nervous about being put under anesthesia and had to prove this surgery was right for me.