21 Year Old Wanting a Healthy Lifestyle and a New Body - San Bernardino, CA

My surgery is scheduled for January 5 2016 at St...

My surgery is scheduled for January 5 2016 at St bernardine hospital with Dr Douglas Krahn from Western bariatric so far I have only met the other surgeon Dr Channing Chin. Current weight 299, highest weight 315, goal weight 150. The office is good to work with and there were a few hoops to jump for insurance approval but they work with insurance companies all the time so they know exactly what to do to get you approved. You need to see Dr Krahn's seminar before you get a consultation it helped me decide on the bypass over the sleeve. My consultation with Dr Chin was 9/10/15, we decided on the bypass with the silastic ring. My pre-op appointment is 12/24/15. I had a pre-op educational class on 11/20/15 it was really good I learned a lot, bought my vitamins and paid for the silastic ring (the silastic ring isn't covered by any insurance but it's only $375). I've been put on a high protein diet pre-op that consists of 2-3 protein shakes a day and 4-6oz of solid protein for dinner with a small amount of green leafy veggies. I'll update this after my pre-op visit and also after surgery.

3 days post op

Things are going well so far, I was discharged the day after surgery so I'm doing awesome. I'm still in some pain but it's not too bad mostly just sore. I'm excited to heal up and start losing weight :)

2 weeks out

Got my staples removed and I'm down 21lbs since my pre op appointment. I'm healing well with no complications just a little bruised. I can already see a difference, I'm so glad I did this for myself!

Well on my way

Today I'm celebrating 70lbs total loss from my hw of 315, 44lbs lost since my rny sw 289. Today 245!!! I've got about 110 more to lose but I'm well on the way :) the t shirt and shorts in my pics are women's xl, I started a 3x I can't believe it. I was stalled most of February as I did end up with a stricture that took 3 endoscopies to fix but now that it's fixed I continue to lose on average 1lb a day. I use a 56oz bubba mug to ensure I get my water in, I actually drink 1 and a half of them a day and I get 70g of protein in a day plus I walk on my treadmill and lift small weights.

Well on my way

Some complications, but I'm thrilled with my results so far

Getting ready to have an exploratory surgery in 3 weeks for possible bowel obstruction or adhesions. I'm currently 183lbs, 131lbs total lost and I'm loving it!
San Bernardino Bariatric Surgeon

The office is really good to work with and the doctor is very nice, they're quick but informative and they always make sure you don't have any questions before you go. You know exactly what is expected of you from the start and if you ever have a problem after hours either dr Krahn or dr Chin will answer their own calls. I have confidence in both of them. The office staff is great they work really hard to get you where you need to be