Laser Tattoo Removal 3rd Session - San Antonio, TX

I have a tattoo on my forearm that I've been...

I have a tattoo on my forearm that I've been trying to remove for a year and a half. My first session was 2 years ago in Dallas at Dr. Tattoff. The results are typically minimal after just one session, so I was not motivatedto go back again for a while. Plus, the money. They were always pressuring me to pay in advance. I moved to SA and ffound a clinic called Me dermis to continue treatments. They are friendly and do not pressure you to do anything you'd rather not do. I have had 2 sessions with them spaced 6weeks apart. I may wait a little longer this time to let my skin recover. The "before" picture in the side by side is not my ink but a near carbon copy of how it looked before I began this process.

don't try this at home

I thought I could speed up fading by applyig liquid nitrogen to the tattoo in between sessions. I did the freezing at home almost s week ago and the burns and blisters still haven't healed. I'll be lucky if I don't have major scars or develop an infection.

cryotherapy burn

5 days after

4th session

After taking the summer off, I resumed laser tattoo removal treatments this morning. Today was my 4th session. I am noticing more pain and swelling than in previous sessions. Fading is slow, tedious and minimal.

one hour post session #4

Ouch!

2nd day after 4th treatment

Still ouch!

Day 3 after 4th tx significant bruising

I feel like the bruising is from the ice packs used prior to the laser treatment? That ice was so cold, it hurt quite a bit. I had redness and swelling in the shape of the ice pack. Now I have bruising. The red skin hurts more than the tattoo itself (which is recoverino nicely).

one week after 4th treatment

Lots of healing in the last 2 or 3 days.

10 days post 4th tx

Ready to be done with this: a few weeks post Treatment 4

A little more fading. Growing weary of this process. Just want it gone.

Going to a new clinic

I'm looking for a new clinic to receive treatments. I appreciated my results at the first clinic; however, after receiving ice burns that took 3 weeks and a bottle of hydroquinone cream to treat, I will not be going back.

I tried to edit my original review, but the site won't let me. So I will expand on a few things here, including the nature of my tattoo and my reasons for wanting it removed. In 2006, my child was diagnosed with a heart condition and received a life-saving transplant. To commemorate this experience, I selected an image that I thought represented all that we had been through. This image was an original work by graffiti artist Banksy, and at the time, I knew of no other person with this image tattooed on their skin. Being young and impulsive, I opted to have myself inked in a conspicuous location. After a few months of people grabbing my arm (without asking) to get a better look at the ambiguous piece of work, I knew I made a mistake. One physician asked me if the image was of a little girl giving a Nazi salute. I was mortified!

Since then, my resentment has only grown in spades. To add insult to injury, Justin Bieber now has this very image tattooed on his arm of all places. Imagine that: I get a tattoo to commemorate my child's life and the Biebs has the same one.

Like many others on here, my desire to have this image off of my skin has been almost obsessive. I have 4 treatments under my belt; however, the end result can't come fast enough.

still only 4 sessions

I have not retured for another treatment after the issue with my last one. I won't be returning to the same clinic. In the meantime, I seem to be continuously fading...

Waiting in between

Waiting in between sessions due to costs being prohibitive has actually resulted in needing far fewer sessions overall.

1 day after 5th treatment

New place, latest treatment

6th treatment

Day after 6th treatment

2 weeks after 6th treatment

Lost a fight with my cat (hence scratches)

Day of 7th treatment

8th treatment

Day 1 after 8th treatment.

9th treatment

Day 1 after 9th treatment. If I don't get substantial fading, I'll be seeking a new doctor and laser.

10 days after 9th treatment