40, Lower Transconjunctival Blepharoplasty with Fat Redistribution. San Antonio, TX

Dr Barerra gave me my confidence back. I've had...

Dr Barerra gave me my confidence back. I've had eye bags for as long as I can remember and learned to accept them but this year they had grown so much that when I looked in the mirror all I saw were bags. I met with Dr Barrera on 3/10 and was in surgery on 3/17 (today!) and I couldn't be happier.
I've never had any type of surgery and was absolutely terrified to the point where I was having panic attacks the day before surgery. I called Monica, Dr Barrera's assistant and asked her to basically give me a pep talk. I couldn't be more grateful for how understanding and helpful she was and she gave me the courage to move forward and I'm so glad I did.
A few days before surgery I started taking the 30x pill form of Arnica Montana and now foods quercetin with bromelian to help with swelling and bruising.
I also picked up some topical arnica gel, extra strength Tylenol and a refillable ice bag and gel masks with eye holes... I greatly prefer the ice bag it stays cold longer and is ready on demand since you just toss ice cubes in.

I also picked a high elevated wedge pillow since I knew I'd be needing to sleep upright. I found using the wedge with one of those airplane neck pillows was quite comfortable. I also purchased an elevated foam leg rest to keep me from sliding down the wedge pillow and the configuration is quite cozy. I haven't tried sleeping yet since i had the surgery this AM.
Day of surgery:
A friend of mine drove me and helped keep me calm. I kept reminding myself I could just bolt if I changed my mind at the last minute lol. The waiting room is the worst part once you get called back to the surgery prep center the staff does an excellent job distracting you and keeping your calm. Dr Barrera's anesthesiologist, Dr. Neighbors, was just great she could tell I was nervous and really put me at ease. Everyone was so friendly I felt safe and confident entering surgery I remember getting rolled into surgery and then waking up.

My surgery was over at 9:30 am and It's 11pm now. I feel great, the hardest part of post recovery is not overdoing it. I had a lot of energy when I got home and felt just fine. No pain. Tiniest bit of swelling and bruises. I did follow Dr. Barerra's guidelines to a T plus continued to take my Arnica Montana and bromelian pills.

I'll update as I progress. I used this site heavily in preparation and there weren't many transconjunctival belpharoplasty with fat redistribution reviews so I am writing this to aid others looking into this procedure.

24 hours post op

I slept pretty well on my wedge pillow and got up every 3 hours to ice my eyes.

48 hours post surgery

I can see a little bit of improvement over yesterday. Still a tiny bit of swelling and bruising. I'm So happy I did this I can't wait to see what I look like once I can wear contacts and makeup again.

72 hours post surgery

Day 4 update

Yesterday I felt like my energy was coming back. I walked my typical running trail just so I could feel normal again and did some errands. I kind of think my terrible allergies contributed to the orbital muscles weakening and resulting fat pads. This year I began having terrible allergies and my eyes repeatedly blew up. I'm trying Zyrtec and picked up some pretty hideous motorcycle sunglasses that suction to your face and help keep pollen out of your eyes. I'm going to try running with them and see if that helps. Otherwise I'll be treadmill img it on high pollen days.

I'm back at work and feel just fine. My right eye looks like it our up a fight in the OR and still looks a little wonky but it's getting better :)

Day 5

Day 6

Almost a week now and so so happy I did this!!!

1 week before and after

1week with makeup

Hung out with some friends no one noticed anything different other than I was told my skn looked really nice. The best part about this surgery is that you still look like you, but like you just finally got some rest.

9 weeks post op

9 weeks post op.

Some more before pics

San Antonio Facial Plastic Surgeon

Dr. Jose Barerra held true to his impeccable reputation. I found him to be confident, patient and kind. His before and after pictures speak for themselves he is clearly a very skilled surgeon with an artistic eye.