Lower Body Lift with Spiral Thigh Lift Following 95# Weight Loss After Gastric Sleeve. - San Antonio, TX

I have been overweight my entire adult life. In...

I have been overweight my entire adult life. In 2013 I had the gastric sleeve and lost 95# within 6 months. I was thrilled with my weight loss, but not thrilled with the extra skin that was left hanging on my body. Six months ago I met Dr. Peter Fisher and without hesitation had a breast lift with augmentation and brachioplasty. I was thrilled with my results. Fast forward six months, and I am now recovering from my Lower Body Lift with Spiral Thigh Lift and Liposuction. My surgery was just 3 weeks ago and I am amazed at the transformation in my body. I have included pre-surgery photos and post-op photos of day 1, 6 and 8. There has been a remarkable changes over the past two weeks and I will post more recent photos in the next few days. I will also try to describe the progression of my recover as well.

3 Weeks Post-op (and several more to go)

Thank you all for your encouraging words. So, where to start? This recovery is absolutely the most painful and difficult thing I have ever done. I actually miss my ridiculously stressful job! The first week of my recovery is a blur. Basically, after released from the hospital on day 3 post-op, I slept (a lot) in my recliner, took pain medication around the clock, emptied/measured my 4 drains, and was reminded how crappy day time TV is (even with the food network and DIY). Everyone said that constipation is a problem – they were right. A week without having a BM is way too long. The good news is that with stool softeners, fiber and hydration I have not had a problem since. I am so grateful for my husband. I truly couldn’t have made it without him. We stayed at an extended stay type hotel for the first week following my surgery because our home is a 2.5 hour drive away. Yes, we brought my recliner to the hotel. Weeks two and three have been full of challenges and accomplishments. My best advice to all is to listen to your physician, rest, don’t get discouraged, keep on top of your pain, eat healthy and to be patient with yourself. I have gained weight, lost weight, had swelling and numbness come and go, slept all day, had trouble sleeping, felt like I was sitting on boulders, walked like I was 80 (I’m 50), and a multitude of other things. I now know that no matter how much you read about other’s experiences you have no idea of how it really is until you go through it. I am appreciative to everyone on RS who have shared their experiences and photos. It is very encouraging to see the journey of others. My 3 week photos are attached. Happy Hump Day!

5 Weeks Post Op and feeling GREAT

Yesterday was my final post op appointment with Dr. Fisher. He said I am healing great and I believe he is almost as excited with my results as I am. I am really going to miss him. Don’t get me wrong, I am thrilled that I have been released to back to work next week and I have the A-OK to increase my activity to do pretty much whatever I want to, but he is a terrific person and I really enjoy talking with him. I am certain he would welcome a visit from me or any of his patients any time.
I have not had any complications and am very fortunate that I am recovering and healing so well. I am still having pain on occasion (usually in the afternoon/evening time) and my lower back and lower abdomen swells off and on, but overall, I am feeling fantastic. Isn’t it funny how our minds work when it comes to pain? I can’t remember how I felt yesterday much less 5 weeks ago. I know it’s a good thing, but it is strange. I have had a lot of small but significant accomplishments over the past several weeks. I have graduated from my recliner to my bed at night, made a trip to the grocery store (with my husband), survived swelling from hell, shaved my legs, got a much needed pedicure and My big accomplishment for today was throwing out my toilet “booster” seat.
Thank you again for your posts and photos. They are so educational and inspiring.

5 months out - healing and happy

It has been 5 months since my surgery and I feel almost back to "normal". Seriously, with the exception of occasional swelling and numbness around my incisions and around some areas where liposuction was performed, I feel fantastic. I have been exercising consistently and for once in my life I am able to see the results. Dr. Fisher’s explanations of what to expect following my surgery have been spot on. He said that gravity would eventually take hold and it has; especially in my thighs and buttocks. They still look amazing to me and I couldn’t have asked for better results. I am including comparison photos for you to decide for yourself. They are a few months old, so I will update with more photos at 6 months post op next month. Thank you all for your encouraging and kind words! I have been following many of you and want to congratulate all of you on your wonderful accomplishments.

Comparison photos

Here are some comparison photos of my body before and after LBL and Spiral Thigh Lift with Liposuction.
San Antonio Plastic Surgeon

I cannot say enough great things about Dr. Fisher. He is exceptional at his art and has an amazing personality. His “bedside manner” is exactly what I was looking for. He is honest, realistic, and professional. He spent the time necessary to explain everything and answer every question. I am ecstatic with my results of my breast lift/augmentation and brachioplasty on 8/28/2014 and subsequent lower body lift with spiral thigh lift on 2/24/2015. Dr. Fisher truly is an amazing surgeon and kind man. He makes himself available for any questions or concerns which is very comforting. Dr. Fisher's nurse Joann is professional and caring. She responds to phone calls/emails promptly and is helpful and reassuring. I had a wonderful experience during my LBL surgery and 2 night stay at Forrest Park Medical Center. The staff was very attentive, caring and professional. Thank you Dr. Fisher!