CoolSculpting-Chin (Cool-mini)

I have always been a bit chubby, but proportionate...

I have always been a bit chubby, but proportionate. One thing that has always bothered be both at my thinnest or heaviest has been my double chin. I've had it ever since I can remember and I decided to try CoolSculpting to reduce it. I met with a cosmetic dermatologist to discuss Kybella and he thought this was a better option for me. I guess not everyone fits the Cool-mini handle. There is less swelling with this than Kybella as well.

I ended up getting this done at Just the Right Curves in SLC instead of my dermatologist due to a better payment option and price. I paid $2,000 for two sessions (each having two treatments, one on each side of the chin).

I went in this morning and the tech was amazing! I have never had anything like this done before so I was a bit nervous. She was personable and walked me through every step of the way. She took the piece and measured and marked the best location, got the hand held machine ready and we began. Once she lined everything up, it suctioned to my face immediately and I wasn't supposed to talk anymore. She wrapped a strap around to help hold it in place and 45 minutes later we switched sides.

The first 5-10 minutes are a bit uncomfortable. I could feel a bit of a strain in the back of my neck, but it soon subsided. I watched Netflix and almost fell asleep while I waited. After the session she massaged my chin for about 2 minutes... This wasn't super awesome, but it wasn't unbearable. We switched sides and did it again.

After: I feel like my chin is a bit swollen, but it's not red or super noticeable. The tech mentioned that it might be a bit swollen for a couple weeks and then after a month I'll see the results. Right now I just feel a bit bruised, but it's not discolored or looking bruised which is good! I've read about extreme discomfort after a few days, but that was on larger areas. Everything I've read about the chin has been mild.

I scheduled my second session for November 26 and that should be all I have to do; usually after two the results are good enough. I'll keep updating and posting pics.

Day 3

I'm not having any pain unless I touch my chin. It's sort of a bruised feeling. I went to crossfit this morning and was able to run without any pain, which I was worried about after reading other reviews. So far so good. A bit swollen still. I just want to see the results!
Just the Right Curves