Lots of Pain... but Lots of Gain - Salem, OR

Sort by:
*Treatment results may vary

I got my love handles done a month ago and the...

I got my love handles done a month ago and the procedure was as everyone described. There was some pain for the first five minutes and then just an uncomfortable feeling the rest of the hour. I did bruise pretty badly afterwards and was very swollen for five days. The assistant told me she had the machine turned up to the highest number to allow the machine to suck in more fat, which is why I bruised. Other then the swelling and some light pins and needles, the aftermath was vey easy and I was able to continue with everyday activities. I have started to see results, although small, the love handle area looks less fatty and more toned...like in my 20's. I'm looking forward to the final look. For the price of $1350 I would say it was worth the money so far.

Now for the bad. After having the positive experience of the love handles with the small applicator, I thought I would go for it and do the lower stomach with the large applicator. After reading that some people were taken away with pain and needed pain medicine, I thought they were crazy, and I went ahead with the procedure. The first 8 minutes were very intense, had to close my eyes and breath through the pain. After that it was clear sailing for the rest of the hour and the after massage. I thought I was good to go. I was very sore for the first three days afterwards and felt like I had been burned and kicked in the stomach. I was also very swollen, almost double the size of when I went in. It was pretty uncomfortable but not unbearable, I took a few advil and slept on my back. Day four is when it went down hill fast. I woke up in the middle of the night with burning pain shooting through my lower stomach. It felt like my nerves were on fire and zapping my stomach. Like other have said, I have a high pain tolerance, this was almost unbearable. I couldn't sit, lay down or wear anything that touched my stomach. After two sleepless nights and double over in pain I finally called the doc. He said that this can happen and that because the large applicator is newer then the small one, there hasn't been a lot of side effects reported yet. With that said he assured me that it will subside with in three weeks and prescribed vicoden and told to use ice. By day 10 the majority of the shooting pain had subsided, but I was still pretty swollen and sensitive to the touch. Day 12 I only had pain a few times a day and I could sleep through the night without pain medicine or ice. Day 14 I felt pretty normal but still swollen and numb. Finally day 21 and the swelling has gone, my stomach looks flatter but it's still very early. My doctor did assure me that the patients with a lot of pain have really good results. With the amount of pain and downtime, I would not do the lower applicator again.

Name not provided

Although I felt very comfortable during and after the procedure, it would have been nice to be warned about the possibility of intense downtime. I was only told that there would be mild discomfort and pain. Only after I experienced the bad side effects was I told that there were some cases of this reported. Even though the pain has ceased, this should be told to patients beforehand.

3 out of 5 stars Overall rating
5 out of 5 stars Doctor's bedside manner
4 out of 5 stars Answered my questions
5 out of 5 stars After care follow-up
5 out of 5 stars Time spent with me
5 out of 5 stars Phone or email responsiveness
5 out of 5 stars Staff professionalism & courtesy
5 out of 5 stars Payment process
5 out of 5 stars Wait times
Was this review helpful? {{ voteCountOthers + ' other' + (voteCountOthers == 1 ? '' : 's') }} found this helpful