Revision Rhinoplasty Gone South - Saint Louis, MO

Had a rhinoplasty and six months later revision....

Had a rhinoplasty and six months later revision. Primary improved the tip and bridge greatly. However transition from nose to forehead was quite awkward. Asked the doctor about the issue and agreed to revise. Procedure was to focus on that top part of nose referred to as nasion and radix depending whom you ask. Seems they're interchangeable terms. Unfortunately, my doctor lowered the bridge instead. Was specifically asked not to change it. Hasn't addressed the high puffy looking top part of nose. What you see in my picture is a scooped nose with a slight open roof deformity. In addition, the skin changes include wrinkling of skin and thinning above the gap. Unsatisfied and will require augmentation of bridge.

more pictures

These are just a couple of pictures of what the nose looks like right now. You see the bridge slopes inward. My preference was a straight bridge or even curved outward just a smidgen. But I got what you see there. It may not look bad to most people but it is not a good outcome.

Pictures of mostly front view of un-operated nose

I tried finding pictures of my old nose but for now only succeeded to find front view. I will find some side-view photos as well. The front view never bothered me. It does not show properly how big and bent the nose really was. I guess no photos, rs didn't let me upload the file type :( bummer

proposed changes by my original surgeon

This thing is one year old but the situation is exactly the same. Left is the current shape, middle shows lower radix only, furthest right shows the same lowered radix plus minutely built up bridge.

Disappointed with the end look. Not a day passes without being aware of the deficient nasal bridge and the bumpy transition between nose and forehead. Nasal integrity is fairly good. It's not changing. If he'd been more conservative with resection of the bridge I would love the nose. He didn't listen to my remarks and what I wanted the revision to correct. Should have left it alone.