Old and Tired Looking 55 Year Old Woman Needing Eye Opening Experience - Saint Louis, MO

55 year old woman with big bags under my eyes,...

55 year old woman with big bags under my eyes, brows that hung over my eyelids, and crows feet. Wanted something that would take a few years off my face. Chose Dr. Couch because as an oculoplastic surgeon, eyes were his specialty. His suggestions: upper and lower blepharoplasty, brow lift, and laser. There was no hard sell on any procedure, which I was impressed with. Dr. Couch explained that he would make small incisions up in my hairline for the brow lift (thus hiding any potential scars), incisions on my upper eyelid on the crease and on lower eyelid (where he would do some fat redistribution), and laser work for the fine lines. The surgery did not disappoint! I look years younger than my age and I no longer look tired! Friends and coworkers (not knowing the surgery that I had), have commented how I look so well rested. There are NO scars and my face did not change drastically where people would suspect that I had anything done (the horrors of all horrors would be to look like those stars that had bad plastic surgery jobs). I just keep getting compliments on how young and vibrant I look. I love it!
Saint Louis Oculoplastic Surgeon

I am a registered nurse, so I did my research before choosing my doctor. When I came across the name of Dr. Steven Couch, MD, I first looked at his credentials. Hmmm, he graduated at the top of his medical school class, did his residency at Mayo Clinic, and fellowship at Washington University. Wow, I wanted to take a closer look at this guy. I made my appointment, went in, and was immediately impressed. Dr. Couch was courteous, attentive, very professional AND he was young looking and handsome! That to me, was a bonus! He made a few recommendations, but at no time did I feel pressured to do something more than what I wanted. I liked that! We decided that what I needed was a brow lift, upper & lower blepharoplasty, and some laser around my eyes. The morning of the surgery, I was given an oral sedative to relax me. Dr. Couch was very good at handling my anxiety. I found his demeanor very comforting. The surgery went off without a hitch. It was relatively painless, with probably the worst part being the laser which felt like a pretty good sunburn. Recuperation was a very short time, and again was relatively painless. I followed all of Dr. Couch's care instructions to a tee and was thrilled with my final results! I look years younger, and I no longer have the bags under my eyes that made me look so tired. I look refreshed and wide awake! I highly recommend Dr. Couch because not only was a a wonderful, caring doctor, but he was a really nice person too!