Third Degree Burn - Boston, MA

Sort by:
*Treatment results may vary

During my cosmetic procedure I was burned with the...

During my cosmetic procedure I was burned with the liposuction instrument, the Doctor never told me what happened and 4 days later after the surgery I discovered a third degree burn on my inner tight. I had a great deal of pain as a result of what he called "an accident" he blamed his assistant but took full responsibility. I think this is the most uncaring human being I have ever met in my life, he should not even be allowed to do surgery on anybody. I have decided to expose him because I would hate for anybody else to suffer as a result of his negligence. The pictures below were taken the day I had to go to ER a few days after my surgery. I thought these things could only happen in a third world country but no beware please of who you choose if you don't want to be hurt like I did. A year later I have a permanent scar on my inner tight that still bothers me a great deal.

Being called a liar

I just read two comments from the same person calling me liar and questioning why I am posting a review a year later. I am not going to engaged with this person be it is probably someone who works for Dr. Del Vecchio, and I am pretty sure of this because on her long comments she refers to him as Dr. D and that's how his staff calls him. This person is calling me a liar without even knowing me, this person defends this Doctor supposedly based on her own experience, the great things she says about him are all made up, all the reviews online describe him as an uncaring, arrogant Doctor and I wish I read them before I trusted him. I have so much proof I can post here, an investigation made by the hospital, tons of pictures, text messages etc. I posted my review a year later because I am not a bad person and I was hoping this Doctor had the decency to admit he hurt me badly and at least reimburse me some of the money I paid for my surgery. He never did and although he might be good at doing the procedures he does, he has become so greedy that he doesn't care about his patients the way he should. I have received so much support, empathy and great advice through his site and I knew at some point someone from his office was going to show up here to defend him, so I expected it, but the pictures speak for themselves!

Two Years After my Surgery

I decided to update my review since someone told me I should not let go. I have tried to because it is very difficult to understand how a person can hurt another person physically and emotionally and get away with it. It is very hard to understand and accept and every time I look at my scar, have discomfort or I have to cover it when I wear shorts or bathing suits it brings back memories of the day I was burned during my cosmetic procedure. Dr Del Vecchio, who came highly recommended by another plastic surgeon did not have the decency to tell me I have been the victim of "an accident" someone who he claimed was not him rested the liposuction instrument on my tigh while I was sedated. He said that they thought I was having an allergic reaction gave me medicine and covered it up with tegaderm. Four days after my surgery I discovered my third degree burn when it was getting infected and I had to spent the night in the emergency room, my blood pressure was so high, I was in so much pain. Dr del Vecchio said I take full responsibility but never offered any kind of compensation except telling me how bad he felt because his friend referred me to him. He never told me about what had happened until I sent him the pictures and asked him what did he do to my leg. He denied wrongdoing when my lawyer sent him a letter, now he does surgery after surgery I believe in four states. How unfair the world can be, I paid him $13,000 for a permanent scar, for emotional and physical pain. I hope that at least he learned a lesson but I truly doubt it since there were no consequences for him whatsoever. I truly appreciate all the support I have gotten here, I don't think I will try to pursue this legally because it is more hurtful to realize how corrupt the legal system is, the pain I suffered is not enough for any lawyer, it is only when there is a lot of money involved that they care. For me it was never about the money it was about justice, I wanted him to be held accountable for what he did to me. I remembered the day of my surgery he told me I was so lucky he was my surgeon, these memories still haunt me. But I do believe in Karma and divine justice. I hope that nobody else will be the victim of this uncaring man who shouldn't even called a doctor. The pictures that I am posting show how my scar looks now, besides the cosmetic aspect I have other symptoms related to nerve damaged. You can easily see the shape of the instrument on my skin.
Boston Plastic Surgeon

I am giving one star to this surgeon not necessarily based on the different categories, but based on how I was treated. During my cosmetic procedure I endured a third degree burn, which he treated as an "allergic reaction" and never told me the truth until I discovered it myself days after my surgery. I had to go to the emergency room because my burn was getting infected as a result of being covered and not treated for days. I cannot stress enough the emotional damage that I have suffered, although he admitted responsibility, it was a little bit too late and I did not trust him enough to allow him to care for my wound. I have reported him to a couple of surgical boards and I hope that my review here helps to prevent this from happening to another person. Today I have a permanent scar on my inner thigh, my nerves were damaged so I am extremely sensitive on that area. I wish I could give him 0 stars for being a negligent, uncaring and deceiving doctor, who hurt me so badly after I trusted him. Please take a moment to look at my pictures and see for yourself!