I Too Am Starting Invisalign Braces for a Whooping Nine Months...Sacramento, CA

I'm 51 years old and am wearing braces for the...

I'm 51 years old and am wearing braces for the first time to treat a severe overbite. My journey will encompass 36 weeks via 18 trays.

On day one I received the attachments and trays and proceeded full steam ahead.

So far, I've had pain and soreness along with a lisp that my dear hubby finds amusing.????

I'm reading everyone's journey for tips and am learning something new everyday.

Talk to ya later????

Tray 2....hope it's not too early

Began tray two today; 10 days after I began my first tray. Had to switch early due to ruining my first trays.

I tried cleaning the trays this morning by soaking them in a water, vinegar and bleach mixture for 10 minutes. The trays turned yellow. They felt okay on my teeth albeit a little off. So, I decided to transition to the second set of trays.

The second set fits extremely snug but not uncomfortable. I see my dentist next week. I'll be interested in hearing what he has to say about the trays.

Tray 3 - Invisalign attachments are popping off; thinking of transitioning to metal braces

This is my second week of tray three and my attachments will not stay onto my teeth. Sometimes I'm unaware that the attachments have pooed off. I'm concerned about the final outcome after completing the 18 trays and the potential of having to wear additional trays. I'm now considering changing to metal braces. Has anyone had this problem? Thanks in advance. Tonya

Starting Tray 4

Met with dentist this afternoon. He was happy with my progress and told me to begin tray four. I was elated.???? I was albe to see clear movement off my teeth via before and today's X-rays. Attachments aren't an issue. So, I'm a happy girl.

Tray 5 - Two months in. So far; So good????

Started tray 5 and these suckers are tight. My orthodontist is happy with my progress and so am I. I can clearly see that my upper and bottom teeth are moving in the right direction!

Wearing Tray 7

Started tray 7 on Friday, last. The trays were incredibly tight, particularly the first tray, during the first couple of days. Now, I feel minimal pressure.

I'm so looking forward to tray 13 as my upper and lower incisors should be straight at that point.

So far so good!

Adding pictures: Incisors after tray 3 and tray 6

Tray 8

Started tray 8 on July 15. Beginning to see significant changes! Excited.

On tray 13; six more to go

Wearing tray 13 and I couldn't be more excited.

Finishing tray 15

I'm almost done with my Invisalign journey. I begin wearing tray 16 on Friday. Tray 14 was incredibly tight; I was really surprised. Tray 15 wasn't as bad.

Six more weeks to go!
Sacramento Dentist

I found Dr. Digiorno to be amazingly present with excellent listening skills as I described my prior dental nightmare experiences. I knew after my first visit I would be in excellent hands and have not been disappointed.