42 Years Old, 4 Kids, Mini Tummy Tuck and Vaser Lipo - Roswell, GA

I'm 42 with 4 children and have been talking about...

I'm 42 with 4 children and have been talking about a tummy tuck for at least five years. I workout 3 to 4 times a week (not a fanatic, but enough to maintain a decent figure). My main problem areas are my stomach (excess fat, skin, and stretch marks) and my thighs. I finally realized that the primary issue keeping me from having the surgery is the recovery time for the full tuck. So, after a lipo consult with Slender Spa Med, I decided to go with the vaser lipo and the mini tummy tuck. The recovery should be significantly shorter and it will still address my primary concerns. Dr. Ruf will be doing my surgery at the end of the month. I'm so excited to finally be doing this. I'm attaching a few before pics. Will follow up after my pre-op visit.

Getting nervous

Ok. I had my pre-op last Thursday and met with Dr. Ruf. He felt good about the scheduled Mini TT and now Laser Lipo. I think we moved away from Vaser, although I'm not sure that I completely understand the difference between the lasers. Anyway, I feel comfortable with his recommendation.

Still super excited, but I am getting nervous. I'm such a perfectionist, hope I won't be disappointed not getting the full TT. No new pics yet, will add post op photos next week.

Dday

Today's the day. I was worried that it would be cancelled due to weather. But luckily it was just pushed back a couple oh hours. Yeeeeaahhhh!

So, when I arrived the nurse took me back to get undressed and take my before pics. She was nice and engaging. Then Dr Ruf walked me through the procedure and marked all of the designated areas (Saddlebags, upper and lower abs, and avelar). No turning back now.

Everything was somewhat painful, but Dr Ruf was patient and provided additional numbing fluid when necessarily. He took the most time with my stitches. Hopefully, all of his hard work will show in the great results.

I'll show my post op pics tomorrow, when I'm brave enough to change the bandages. In the interim, you can see the huge amount of fat that was shucked out.

post surgery day 1

So, I went home with just the compression garment and some bandages. The leaking is a little gross, but should only last a few days. Everything is tender and swollen. Pics are attached.

day 2

Went out and about today for a little while. Wasnt too bad, except the leaking. Not too much bruising, considering how sore I am. But, it was good to get up and start moving around a little bit.

1st follow-up

I'm 5 days post op and had my 1st follow-up today. Everyday gets a little better. easier to get around, less bruising, less stiff. Just taking occasional tylenol for the soreness.

Dr visit went well. There's still fluid and swelling, which was expected. My saddlebags are almost totally gone. All of the ports are closed and healing. have to wait 5 more days before removing the steri strips. But, best news of all I was cleared to take a shower. Yeaaahhhh! Posting new pics, will post again after next visit........so far so good!

feeling better everyday

12 days post op. Feeling much better. I was pretty sore and swollen the first week. I went to the Dr yesterday to have the steri-strips removed. The stitches are still showing and the scar is still healing but, Dr Ruf was positive. My stomach is much flatter than before, but it's still swollen. I can't wait to see how it looks in another month. My hips look amazing, saddlebags are gone. So far, it was totally worth it. .... will post new picks tom.

updated pics

Just ordered silicone strips to start working on the scar. Now wearing super tight vedette garment. Hopefully, swelling will go down and ill lose a few more inches.
Roswell Emergency Medicine Physician

The staff was great. They were always friendly and were excited for me and with me from beginning to end. Dr Ruf was great. He was very patient and knowlegeable. He answered all of my questions and managed my expectations. I'm very pleased with the results so far.