34 Years Old, 2 Kids, 300cc Mentor Breast Implants - Rockville, MD

I decided after much research and much...

I decided after much research and much deliberation to get breast implants after losing almost all volume breast feeding my boys. I never thought I would ever actually do it, but I was unhappy with my appearance and wanted to replace (and maybe add) to what was lost. I'm 5'10" 125 lbs. My goal was to look natural. I'm very bony and small framed, even though I'm tall. I didn't want the rounded top look of high profile implants. I wanted to be in a bikini and have people think I could actually have been blessed with cleavage, even though I'm thin. I was nervous because I could only find one other member with low profile implants. I met with the surgeon and he suggested 300cc mentor low profile or 325cc moderate +. I liked both but again, I wanted the most natural look possible without using anatomical implants (my doctor is not a fan of them). I went back and forth 5 x between 275 and 300, but finally decided to go with the larger size, as he said it would make me look slightly more hourglass shaped. I'm now 9 days post op, and while I think I could have gone larger, I keep reminding myself of my original goal, trying not to get greedy, and just trust the process. I'm told that they won't settle for another 3-6 months, I'm impatient but praying I continue to like them. One thing is certain though, they look much, much better than my post-nursing breasts!

Sizer comparison

Progress over 2 weeks

I'm trying so hard to be patient, but I'm having a hard time. I have to keep reminding myself that I wanted a natural look, I'm getting caught up in the fact that most girls my height go much, much bigger. I know my goal wasn't to look obvious but when no one (other than the people I told) notice any difference, I wonder why I paid the $. Back in the gym this week and lifting up my 27 lbs almost 2 year-old. Nothing hurts but trying to bench press and do push-ups feels weird. Hoping that gets better and that when the drop they get bigger. I do not want to spend more money on a revision. Fingers crossed that I like them when they are where they're supposed to be!

Before and after

Side profile before and after

One month!

Things seem to be moving their way down to where they're supposed to be, but I still have a ways to go. Can't wait!! Tried on my first sports bra (needed something for high impact, who knew you needed to have support for your breasts??) and in the UA high impact bra the 32D and 34C are tight, so tight that I needed help pulling them off my head. Is this how high impact bras fit or am I bigger than those sizes? I still need to get sized but Ive put it off until things have settled. Has anyone found that the at home measuring systems are accurate?

One month pics

2 months

Today it's been 2 months since I had my surgery. It's gone by so fast, I can't believe it's already 2 months post-op. Most of the time I'm very happy, but occasionally I have doubts about the size I selected etc. I am now back to doing all of the workouts I did before, but some of them I still modify- yoga, push-ups on knees, lighter weight for chest press and tricep extensions/presses. When I'm working out and not able to do what I did before I get very frustrated, but I'm hoping that in time I'll be able to push myself like I did prior to surgery. I finally got the go ahead from my surgeon to wear regular bras, as my implants are pretty much exactly where he wants them, and I'm now wearing a 32DD or 30DDD- I do not know how that happened! I will say that for anyone telling their surgeons that they wanted to be a certain size- don't do it; show them pictures instead. If you had told me that after surgery I would be a 32DD, I would have canceled the surgery! I chose a modest implant and I was terrified of the size. Now, when I look at my chest, I think I have average size breasts that fit my frame; I think they look believable. I'm still hoping for more fluffing, and to start loving them 100% of the time, but I'm happy with the progress I've made so far.
Washington DC Plastic Surgeon

Dr. Tattelbaum was extremely kind and patient each time I went in to try on sizers or get more information. I was/am very obsessive and so nervous about how I was going to look afterwards. I explained my goals of looking natural to the point that he was probably ready to put in earplugs, but he never acted annoyed or frustrated- not sure how he did that. His assistant Pei, was always kind, and on the day I had to give her my final size I changed my mind 5 times. She was patient, and although I'm sure I was frustrating, she never showed it. The OR nurses were great, especially Sid, who made me laugh and feel at ease when I was terrified. All around great experience. I still have about 3-6 months for them to take their final shape, but I'm trying to be patient and remain positive. Thank you!