Mom of Two Kids - Little Rock, AR

After having two kids vaginally I never really...

After having two kids vaginally I never really liked the appearance of my labia. They seemed large and stretched. Everything that I read online said that this was normal but I never felt normal and was always so self-conscious. I decided to have the surgery to help me feel better in this area and it has helped. The day of my surgery I was given some pills to take and some numbing cream. I was awake during my surgery and only felt a few sticks that Dr. Devlin said was numbing medication. It took about 2 hours and I think I probably fell asleep during it because I don't remember much. I will tell you that once the numbness wore off....ouch! The next few days I pretty much laid around. I was pretty swollen and I had to be careful when I walked but other than that I think the pain pills helped a lot. Three months after my surgery I am so happy I have done this. My labia look normal now that all the swelling is gone and I no longer feel uncomfortable in my clothes.
Little Rock Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeon

I met with Dr. Devlin and he was so comforting. He validated my concerns but directly told me that there was no "normal" when it comes to the labia. He asked me what my expectations were and told me he would get me as close to what I wanted as possible. The consultation was a little bit awkward since he had me look in the mirror and describe what I didn't like. He then went over every detail of the surgery. I left with a packet full of information and convinced I had found the right surgeon for me. He was nice and comforting and every one in the office made me feel great. I am happy that I chose him and would recommend any one that is considering this surgery to check Dr. Devlin out.