Thunder Thighs No More - Little Rock, AR

I have had large thighs since puberty. Throughout...

I have had large thighs since puberty. Throughout high school and college I worked out very hard, but I was never able to shrink those suckers down. After starting my career, I was finally able to do something about this insecurity. I began looking at all of the local plastic surgeons' before/after pictures and reviews, and shortly thereafter I knew Dr. Yee was the surgeons for me! I had VASER liposuction to my medial/lateral thighs and medial knees. I'm still fighting the battle wounds and healing from surgery, but I'm already loving my results!!!

5 days Post-op

I have a love/hate relationship with this compression garment...the hour I spend with it off each day seems more enjoyable, but towards the end of the hour I start feeling very sore. I'm hot-natured so wearing this in the summertime is not exactly ideal! It'll be worth it though :)

This thing...ugh!!!

12 days post op

Here are my top 3 lessons learned thus far:

1. There is a reason your surgeon wants you wearing your compression garment. Follow the EXACT guidelines you are given. I am supposed to wear mine 23 hours/day. A few days ago I went 4 hours without wearing my garment, and the result was 2 days of cankles and more sorenes than usual. Pure misery.

2. Do not judge your results immediately! Starting around 3 days post op, my legs began actually looking larger than they did before I had my surgery. I was beginning to think "what have I done?!" I had A LOT of swelling and still do. My legs are changing every single day and are finally starting to shrink back down. They still have a long way to go.

3. You will be a hot mess for the first couple of weeks (or longer) after surgery. I had a significant amount of drainage for a good 3 days following my surgery. Drainage is good! Also, you will be black/blue/purple/red/etc! I'm 12 days post op and still have quite a bit of bruising. Also, you will probably hobble around for a couple of weeks. Embrace your new swag walk! Your gait pattern will return to normal.

18 Days Post Op :)

Swelling is continuing to go down (hallelujah!). I massage my legs pretty aggressively every night after I shower, and that has helped SO much. The pain has been completely gone for over a week. I occasionally have soreness, but that's most likely attributed to working on my feet all day. I am absolutely LOVING my results and would recommend this to anyone in a heartbeat!

1 Month Post Op

Not too much has changed since my last update. Swelling has continued to go down and all hard lumps I initially had for the first 3 weeks have gone away for the most part. I'm still loving my results, and I've had several friends and coworkers tell me that I've lost weight...what they don't know won't kill 'em, right?! Only one more week of the compression garment! After that week is over I'll be wearing shorts and skirts galore! Ok ok, and scrubs too, since my work requires it ;)

4(ish) Months Post Op!

Sorry for the lack of updates, but this has been one hectic summer! I'm still absolutely LOVING my results! This was the first summer I've ever felt super confident in shorts, bathing suits, and mini skirts. That was the most refreshing feeling in the whole world. The scars on my legs are very minimal, and no typical person would even notice them unless he/she was too close for comfort! ;) I've been back on my normal workout routine for a couple of months now, and I'm just feeling great! I'm still beyond happy that I went through with this and would recommend this surgery or Dr. Yee in a heartbeat!
Little Rock Facial Plastic Surgeon

Dr. Yee is such a wonderful, caring surgeon! She instantly made me feel very comfortable, and she truly has a wonderful staff. I spent many hours reading local surgeons' reviews and looking at before/after pictures, and it just seemed like a no-brainer. She is a contouring expert and gave me the exact shape I wanted. She truly has exceeded my expectations!