Mohs Surgery for Squamous Cell Skin Cancer - Little Rock, RA

Motivation was to complete first time MOHS surgery...

Motivation was to complete first time MOHS surgery successfully. However, even though I was told by Dr. Carney on check up visits, the wound would take a long time to heal due to location on shin & he did not feel skin graft would be a good idea, so it was an open wound. Surgery was on April 28. On July 16, he informed me he was "not happy" with progress & I needed to see someone about a skin graft. I said, "So it's not going to heal?', rather stunned by sudden turn from last visit, & he snapped at me, "That's what I said". He then added I might want to go to a wound center instead & I chose to do that. He walked out & that basically ended my visit.
Little Rock Dermatologist

I cannot begin to tell you how disheartening this has been. I was cordial but he seemed defensive as things weren't moving along in a timely fashion. I asked him about the severe swelling & he said I needed to see a vascular doctor. I had done so already & my circulation was fine & MRI showed no blood clots. I understand now that swelling is not uncommon with this procedure. I don't know why he could not just say so after I told him my leg circulation had already been checked out. He didn't have the best "bedside manner" to begin with but he was rude and dismissive. Fortunately, the wound center has done wonders. It is now Sept. I did not need a skin graft or any hyperbaric treatments but due to their care, have made great progress in healing. I hope no one else has to go through such a long, rough recovery with a doctor who basically dumps you.