Nightmare Implant Replacement & Lift. Little Rock, AR

In 2011, I visited the office of Dr. Yee for the...

In 2011, I visited the office of Dr. Yee for the first time. My wedding was a few months away, and I wanted to look into Botox and fillers. We ladies like to look our best for our wedding day. I had both done, and was convinced by her team that a chemical peel would make my skin look fabulous if I had it done a week prior to the wedding. What a disaster. The aesthetician cleaned off the chemical, but missed the area bordering my face. I had an itchy, irritated, peeling border around my entire face on my wedding day. To top it off, one lip was much more pronounced than the other from the filler. When I returned from my honeymoon, Dr. Yee used a chemical to dissolve some of the filler from the lip her office overfilled. My lip has never been the same. If she would have filled the other, instead of using the chemical to dissolve, I wouldn’t have these issues. Dr. Yee would have had to use a vial of filler at her expense. She would rather save her money than use the method that would achieve the best result for her patient. As my story continues, you will see this is a pattern with her. Dr. Yee is very friendly, and has an exceptional bedside manner. Nice does not make a good surgeon, however. April 2012 I experienced a ruptured implant. I consulted with Dr. Yee, and a replacement, along with a mastopexy (breast lift) were scheduled. After a few issues with inaccurate quotes, always ending in favor of Dr. Yee, of course, I moved forward with the surgery. I stayed in a hospital so that I could rest properly. Soon after that surgery, I experienced another rupture. I still question my judgment for returning to her, as my husband and each person that saw the mess she made of my body were shocked. She kept telling me that it took as long as a year to completely heal and see the end result. Well here we are approaching two years. I will be posting pictures, as I want other ladies to be informed prior to allowing her to do the same to them. Trust me that it is unlikely she will have these pictures in her brag book. She made many excuses, and offered to “snip some of the scar” if I paid for the anesthesia and some operating room expenses. Unlike her, it is not all about the money for me. Just look at the photos. I of course have a ruptured implant again (possibly due to her mishandling the implant during the surgery, or improper filling at the time of surgery). The experience was so horrible, I am going to have an explant. I am now going to be having yet another breast lift (hers was a joke, so $11,000 down the drain). She decided without consulting with me to remove my tissue during surgery. Now my breasts will look even more hideous once the implants are removed. I would have never agreed to that, as I believed my tissue helped my breasts feel softer over the implants. The incisions she made are so jagged, the areolas are not at all symmetrical, the breasts aren’t even symmetrical, the nipples are not even with each other, the scars are very thick/uneven, the scars start at the very inside of my breast and go all the way past my underarm. Even a modest bathing suit top is out of the question. My purpose was to look better, and not like a freak. Areas where the skin was pulled tighter than other areas is even visible, causing a lumpy look throughout the sides of my breasts. Dr. Yee should have been embarrassed by what she did. All she cared about was making excuses (if they look so great, why doesn’t she put them in her display), and trying to cover herself. Her office was so persistent about getting me to sign a form releasing liability for she and the implant company. I really wanted to in order to receive a $1,200 reimbursement, but my husband said no way to being bought. I almost agreed to sign it anyway, but with the urgency they had to get me to sign it, I declined. My new doctor needed my operating report. It took five days for her office to provide me with it. I asked for everything in my file, and received only the operating reports. That is what led me to post all of this. Dr. Yee was untruthful about several things in the report, and it was just more of her trying to cover herself. It was quite obvious it was written after the fact, and mostly to cover up what she knew was very poor work. One of the things she documented was that I requested larger breasts. This is quite humorous. Never, ever did we have that discussion. It is so interesting that she would write an operating report that was a defense to everything that was wrong with my breasts after the fact, by notating fictitious conversations she had with me prior to the surgery. Additionally, the card that she gave me with the serial # she notated as the right implant, is the same serial # she listed on the operating report as on the left implant. Odd since these weren’t replaced at the same time.

Post Explant

I absolutely adore Dr. Spann. He is a perfectionist, genuinely cares, and has excellent bedside manner. My husband likes him, too. That means a lot!

I had my explant yesterday. Such a relief to have the implants out. I feel normal for the first time since last year. I have not felt normal physically or mentally since the surgery with Dr. Yee. I thought I would be depressed, but instead am unexpectedly very pleased.

One Day After Explant

One day after explant.

Another photo one day post explant

Another photo one day post explant. Artist, Dr. Michael Spann.

Update

So my recovery had gone incredibly well, since the explant performed by Dr. Spann. My husband and I are very happy with the results. He is very humble, and thankfully not defensive. He pointed out an area that he wished he could have revised better. During the procedure he had a great deal of scar tissue to remove, and so many thick scars in inappropriate locations to revise. One area that looked the worst was surrounded with very thin skin. He will be able to correct that in his office under local, once everything has healed. Turns out that the valve in my implant had a lot of scar tissue around it and possibly wasn't closed correctly. Thanks Dr. Yee! I have had a slow leak all this time. I am truly in hopes that others will consider my story when doing their research. I am blessed to have chosen a surgeon this time that cares about his patients, and not only about his pocket book. His reputation will be earned by satisfied patients. He won't need to be defensive. He won't need to beg people that work for him, and people he knows to vote for him in magazines he pays big money to help him to win best of this and best of that. Word of mouth will always be the true measure of success.

One Month Post Op

After being mutilated by Dr. Yee, I was certain I would never be happy with my breasts again. If I had only met Dr. Michael Spann two years ago, I would have saved myself many from going through many days of depression! After he worked his magic, I am one happy girl. Not only did he repair the disaster Dr. Yee did, but my breasts look better than they did when I first had them done almost 25 years ago. From ???? to ????.
Little Rock Facial Plastic Surgeon

In 2011, I visited the office of Dr. Yee for the first time. My wedding was a few months away, and I wanted to look into Botox and fillers. We ladies like to look our best for our wedding day. I had both done, and was convinced by her team that a chemical peel would make my skin look fabulous if I had it done a week prior to the wedding. What a disaster. The aesthetician cleaned off the chemical, but missed the area bordering my face. I had an itchy, irritated, peeling border around my entire face on my wedding day. To top it off, one lip was much more pronounced than the other from the filler. When I returned from my honeymoon, Dr. Yee used a chemical to dissolve some of the filler from the lip her office overfilled. My lip has never been the same. If she would have filled the other, instead of using the chemical to dissolve, I wouldn’t have these issues. Dr. Yee would have had to use a vial of filler at her expense. She would rather save her money than use the method that would achieve the best result for her patient. As my story continues, you will see this is a pattern with her. Dr. Yee is very friendly, and has an exceptional bedside manner. Nice does not make a good surgeon, however. April 2012 I experienced a ruptured implant. I consulted with Dr. Yee, and a replacement, along with a mastopexy (breast lift) were scheduled. After a few issues with inaccurate quotes, always ending in favor of Dr. Yee, of course, I moved forward with the surgery. I stayed in a hospital after the surgery, so that I could rest properly. Soon after that surgery, I experienced another rupture. I still question my judgment for returning to her, as my husband and each person that saw the mess she made of my body were shocked. She kept telling me that it took as long as a year to completely heal and see the end result. Well here we are approaching two years. I will be posting pictures, as I want other ladies to be informed prior to allowing her to do the same to them. Trust me that it is unlikely she will have these pictures in her brag book. She made many excuses, and offered to “snip some of the scar” if I paid for the anesthesia and some operating room expenses. Unlike her, it is not all about the money for me. Just look at the photos. I of course have a ruptured implant again (possibly due to her mishandling the implant during the surgery, or improper filling at the time of surgery). The experience was so horrible, I am going to have an explant. I am now going to be having yet another breast lift (hers was a joke, so $11,000 down the drain). She decided without consulting with me to remove my tissue during surgery. Now my breasts will look even more hideous once the implants are removed. I would have never agreed to that, as I believed my tissue helped my breasts feel softer over the implants. The incisions she made are so jagged, the areolas are not at all symmetrical, the breasts aren’t even symmetrical, the nipples are not even with each other, the scars are very thick/uneven, the scars start at the very inside of my breast and go all the way past my underarm. Even a modest bathing suit top is out of the question. My purpose was to look better, and not like a freak. Areas where the skin was pulled tighter than other areas is even visible, causing a lumpy look throughout the sides of my breasts. Dr. Yee should have been embarrassed by what she did. All she cared about was making excuses (if they look so great, why doesn’t she put them in her display), and trying to cover herself. Her office was so persistent about getting me to sign a form releasing liability for she and the implant company. I really wanted to in order to receive a $1,200 reimbursement, but my husband said no way to being bought. I almost agreed to sign it anyway, but with the urgency they had to get me to sign it, I declined. My new doctor needed my operating report. It took five days for her office to provide me with it. I asked for everything in my file, and received only the operating reports. That is what led me to post all of this. Dr. Yee was untruthful about several things in the report, and it was just more of her trying to cover herself. It was quite obvious it was written after the fact, and mostly to cover up what she knew was very poor work. One of the things she documented was that I requested larger breasts. This is quite humorous. Never, ever did we have that discussion. It is so interesting that she would write an operating report that was a defense to everything that was wrong with my breasts after the fact, by notating fictitious conversations she had with me prior to the surgery. Additionally, the card that she gave me with the serial # she notated as the right implant, is the same serial # she listed on the operating report as on the left implant. Odd since these weren’t replaced at the same time. I have a great deal of faith in my new surgeon. I did my research this time. I hope others out there contemplating a surgery do the same. I am not one to post reviews, but this one seems necessary. The pictures actually do justice to this nightmare on my chest, but still speak volumes as to what to expect from Dr. Yee.