Botched chin implant, neck lipo & lifting Ridgewood, NJ

I had a chin implant done almost 2 years ago. When...

I had a chin implant done almost 2 years ago. When I discussed it with my plastic surgeon not at any time was I advised that my chin would be squared off. When we discussed it we talked about the projection & what is appropriate for a woman. I knew so little about chin implants I never imagined that a square chin was and option and never in my wildest dreams imagined that a plastic surgeon would take it on herself to choose that shape without asking. What woman in the world would chose a square chin? I should've researched it first, yes, but then it is ultimately the surgeons responsibility to advise the patient of this. The surgeon claims that she goes over everything with her patients & cannot be responsible for what they do not understand or do not "take in" during the consultation. I am very clear on what was said in reference to the chin implant and I was never advised it could or would be square. The implant also offset my bottom lip & it appears to dip a little as you can see by the shadow from the top crease of my chin. So my chin "turns up" some from the side & when I smile it has a pit in the bottom. We as patients pay top dollar for these services & have less recourse than with anything else we purchase in life. I am the one left bearing the responsibility & a boat load of sadness & regret for a choice that was made for me. I cannot put into words how this affects a person. I also had fat transfer to my jawline that did not come out well either but I will put that in a separate review.

More post op photos

just more post op photos

another pic

More photos

Nothing new to report. I need to start consulting with surgeons to see what can be done to correct this. I do not have the finances right now but at least I can get a figure and an idea of just what can be done. This has affected my life so poorly I need to do something.
Ridgewood Plastic Surgeon

What transpired between Dr. Ganchi & I never would've imagined in my wildest dreams. I found her very personable at first, albeit excessively talkative, and I liked her a lot. That is until I expressed any dissatisfaction with my result. I was always nice, polite & patient, never confrontational or accusatory. I expressed each of my concerns gently, respectfully & naively in the belief that I would be heard & we would work as a team to reach the desired outcome. From the start I was told that the result was good and none of my concerns were valid other than the lip being off center. I was told flat out that she did not see any of it. That is where the tension began. I continued being respectful in a hope that we could work toward an acceptable result. She continued to maintain that it was all in my head. It is bazaar to me to see something with my own eyes and have someone tell me that I am seeing things. But that is exactly what happened. She became verbally aggressive and quite insulting. She saw each concern I had as a "criticism" and a personal affront. I ultimately had to walk out of the office because no matter how many times I asked her to stop her anger and to speak professionally so we could work out a resolution, she could not. I still maintain that my chin is square. I still maintain that I see a "dip" or "lag" on the right side. I still maintain that at the bottom of my chin there is a hollow and the original roundness of my chin is gone.