32 Years Old...Been Dealing with Hyperhidrosis Since I Was a Pre-teen - Ridgeland, MS

I've been dealing with hyperhidrosis for many many...

I've been dealing with hyperhidrosis for many many years. I went to a doctor when I was about 20 to discuss options but decided I did not want to do the surgery. Then a few years back I found out about MiraDry and I've been doing research and I've been saving.

I had my MiraDry treatment Thursday, July 7, 2016 at Dr. Steckler's office in Ridgeland, MS. Everyone was so super nice and I felt so very comfortable with everything. It look almost 2 hours from the time I went back to the time they were finished.

They started out by putting the temporary tattoo of the grid used for the laser. There are different ones for different size arm pits. I was told that I may have to have the 2nd treatment because of how wide my pits are. So we will see. Then Dr. Steckler did the numbing shots which weren't too bad. Of course, I'm not scared of needles so it wasn't a big deal for me. There were only a couple of shots that hurt. After the numbing it was smooth sailing. I didn't feel anything and then we were done. I was given ice packs and a prescription for a mild pain medicine. I had my mother-in-law take me just because it made it easier but I would have been able to drive myself if needed.

I started swelling a few hours later but I kept icing. Be careful not to get frost bite since you are numb. I would ice for 20 minutes and rest for 20 minutes.

Next day - The doctors office called to check on me. I was still swollen and uncomfortable but not really any pain. You will see from the pictures what I was dealing with.

I will give more updates as time goes on!!! I'm super excited and hope everything works out!!!

It's been 3 months since my Miradry procedure...

It's been 3 months since my Miradry procedure...AND it was TOTALLY worth every penny to me. 99.9% of the time I do not sweat at all under my arms. I have to be pretty hot and doing something pretty strenuous to even have a little sweat. It took almost 2 months to get all the feeling back in my armpits. The hair is a lot finer than it was before which is another plus. At this point I do not think I will need a second treatment but I guess I will know in a few more months. Bottom line...I would absolutely recommend doing this if you suffer from hyperhidrosis. I dealt with it for years and years...so glad I did this! Thank you to Dr. Steckler in Ridgeland, MS!!!! :)
Jackson Plastic Surgeon

Dr. Steckler was so very nice as well as the office staff!