Time for a Change, 29 W 2 Children - Richmond,VA

I decided to get the VSG last year but when it was...

I decided to get the VSG last year but when it was time for the surgery I found out I was pregnant with my son. I had my son Feb. 12 2015 and decided to schedule the surgery once he turned 6 mths. I am currently in my 2 week pre-op diet, I can only have liquids and I only have 4 days left to go. I have been over weight for as long as I can remember and I am now ready for a healthier lifestyle. I have two beautiful children and a great fiance to be around for so the TIME IS NOW!!! My goal weight is 180lbs. which is about 125lb loss. I am super excited and hoping this will jump start this new lifestyle.

HELP!!!

I need a broth suggestion!! I have been drinking Swanson Broth but it is disgusting !!! Please Help!!!

The big day is TOMORROW!!!

So I am super excited about surgery tomorrow, its been a long time coming. I have to be there at 5:30am, but I probably wont get to the back until around 9am. They say the surgery will last about 3 hours but my family wont see me for about 5 hours. So anyone have any advice for me going into my surgery???

6 Days Post-OP

Well guys I have officially been sleeved. I am very happy with my whole process this far, but it has defiantly been some what of a struggle. Just a little recap about whats been going on, I had surgery on Friday 8/21/2015 (almost 1 week). I arrived at the hospital at 5am and checked in, taken to the back where I was weighed in, instructed to wipe with some warm wipes and change into a hospital gown. After all that I was visited by the Nurse, Anesthesiologist, and Surgeon explaining what was going to happen and the Anesthesiologist started a IV w happy juice in it. I remember nothing after that. Next thing I know I was waking up in a new room with some of my family bedside but I wasn't much company cause i was out of it for hours. I was not allowed to eat or drink anything until 4 am the next morning. I got up to walk around about 3 am. I spent 2 nights in the hospital and was discharged to go home around 7 pm on Sunday. I was so glad to get home to my own bed, no one checking my vitals every hour, no more IV, no more boredom!!! Once home I am still struggling to get my liquids down I get full very quickly I am able to get about 1 protein drink down a day at the moment. I have returned back to work today and so far so good!

Weight At Discharge: 314.6 lbs.
Current Weight: 297.4 lbs. (17.2 lbs down, but about 10 lbs was fluid)

10 Day Post Op Report

I am finally off my pain medications, only one of my incisions still hurt a little. As far as eating I am still doing my liquids w soups and really really soupy oatmeal. I have also eaten an egg. I can only eat 1/2 of the egg which is about 2 oz. I have started driving again but still feel so tired all the time. I guess its because my body is working so hard to heal on much less food than before. I have the worse time getting in my protein and liquids everyday. Any suggestions?

Weight At Discharge: 314.6 lbs.
Current Weight: 286.4 (28.2 lbs down !!!)

First Post-OP Appointment

I had my first Post OP appointment yesterday with Dr. Bittner, as well as my upper GI. Well my Upper GI test was a horrible experience. They gave me so much contrast to drink that it made me throw up. This made me feel sick for the remainder of the day. I can still taste it!!! My appointment with my dr. went great, he was very pleased with my progress this far and has projected me to lose about 50 more pounds before I see him again in November. Now that I don't know about it seems like a lot but we will see!!!

Weight At Discharge: 314.6 lbs.
Current Weight: 284.2 (30.4 lbs down !!!) 119 lbs left to goal!!!

Help Cant keep anything down

I am 3 weeks post op and I cant keep anything down, has anyone else had this issue?

25 day post op

Hey guys its been a little while since I have posted so I figured I would go ahead and do an update. So far so good, I am now able to keep my food down I think I had a bit of a stomach bug. I am still in my mushy phase and sick of it!!! I will start my vitamins this week. I am still having trouble getting in all my protein but I am trying!! Any suggesting from my long time sleevers?

Weight At Discharge: 314.6 lbs.
Current Weight: 277.0 (37.6 lbs down !!!) 112 lbs left to goal!!!

Month and 2 Days Out!!!

So I finally decided to post a picture of my progress, the picture is from Mothers Day this year and Yesterday!

Finally the stall is over!

This past week or so I have not been losing any weight. I obsessed over the scale and the fact that It wasn't moving. So I started going to the gym working out a bit eating more protein and the scale finally moved today. Any suggestions on how to lose another 20 lbs this month?

So here is an update:

Weight At Discharge: 314.6 lbs.
Current Weight: 274.0 ( Finally 40.6 lbs down !!!) 109 lbs left to goal!!!

Workout Suggestions

Hello fellow sleevers,

I have started visiting the gym on the regular basis now and not exactly sure what exercises to do. Currently I walk and run intervals on the treadmill for an hour and then an hour of random weight training. Is there anyone that has suggestions for more? I am currently trying to work my abs and my arms and want to get this back fat off!!!

Please help!

Here's an update:

Weight At Discharge: 314.6 lbs.
Current Weight: 270.0 ( Finally 44.6 lbs down !!!) 105 lbs left to goal!!!

My 2 Month Review

To my fellow Sleevers,

It is a officially 2 month sleeverversiry and I am so ecstatic. This has been a rough couple of months physically, mentally, and emotionally. I never new it would be as hard as it has been to change my mentality when it comes to eating. I hate eating now and that was once something I loved to do. I can still only handle about 4 oz of food at a time and it takes me forever to drink. I am praying that it gets better.
I have been at a stall for the last few weeks because of an ectopic pregnancy I just found out about last week now after surgery last week I am finally losing again. I had gained 2 pounds and was wondering why I was having so much bleeding. I was bleeding for 3 weeks and just assumed it was a longer than normal period due to the sleeve surgery. But I was mistaken. When I went to visit the doctor last Tuesday to figure out what was wrong with me I was at 272.1 I weighed this morning at I am at 266.0 so I am finally losing.

Here's an update:

Weight At Discharge: 314.6 lbs.
Current Weight: 266.0 ( Finally 48.6 lbs down !!!) 101 lbs left to goal!!!

Monday Weigh In

Weight At Discharge: 314.6 lbs.
Current Weight: 259.6 ( Finally 55.0 lbs down !!!) 94.6 lbs left to goal!!!

Weight loss picture update

Its been 3 Months!!!

WOW, its been 3 months and it seems much longer. So far so good, I still have some pain after eating anything but Im just thinking its because my stomach is much smaller now and Im still getting used to solid food in it again. I can eat almost everything except Dairy!!! I have now become Lactose Intolerant... Which sucks because I love milk!!!

So here is my 3 Month follow-up:

Weight At Discharge: 314.6 lbs.
Current Weight: 245.6 ( Finally 69.0 lbs down !!!) 80.6 lbs left to goal!!!
Goal Weight 165 lbs.

And here is an updated Progress Pic!!

3 month update pic!!

Its been a While!!!

Hey everyone It has been a while since my last update, between work school and family Ive been pretty busy... So it has been 7 months now and I feel great!!! I need to kick it up in the exersize part but my eating has been good thus far. I will upload pics soon!!

Weight At Discharge: 314.6 lbs.
Current Weight: 226.0 lbs. (88.6 lbs down, 11.4 lbs to hit 100lbs lost and 61 lbs left to GOAL!! )

Kickboxing Class

So I havent lost any weight since my last update, so I decided to up my workouts. I plan to attend a Kickboxing class tomorrow which should help expecially since its such a Cardion Intensive workout. Please let me know if anyone has ever done Kickboxing or can offer any suggestions on kicking up my weight loss. I want to lose another 50 lbs by my August 21 Sleeverversery!!!

Pictures

Waist Training???

I am considering doing waist training and wanted to get some opinions on it. Does it work? Is it somthing I should be doing? Anyone out there currently praticing this?

Protien Needed!!

Hey everyone,

So I really need to up my protien... I hate protien drinks so I need an alternative. Any suggestions?

Quick Update

Finally starting to lose weight again!! I have started a Instagram page dedicated to my VSG it is VSGBUTTERFLY30. Come follow me!! Anyone else have a VSG dedicated instagram page? Leave you insta name in the comments section....

Weight At Discharge: 314.6 lbs.
Current Weight: 221.6 lbs. (93 lbs down, 7 lbs to hit 100lbs lost and 56.6 lbs left to GOAL!! )

The Stall Strikes Again

Hey Guys,

So Let me fill you in on what has been happening lately. Recently, I had my second eptopic pregnancy since my sleeve surgery last august. My first one was back in October of 2015 about 2 months after surgery and ther had to remove my left tube. Then on May 23, 2016 I had my second ectopic and had my right tube removed. This has been a very difficult time because I can no longer have children on my own, I would have to do invetro. I already have two beautiful children so I am definatly blessed but I did want one more. I only gained a few lbs during my short pregnancy and was very depressed. I am now getting over it and looking more toward the future. My next move is to get into the gym cause my skin is starting to sag... my boobs are officially gone...lol but its all good. I am now in a size 14/16 pant and L shirt. I have not been this size since my senior yr in high school about 13 yrs ago. lol So far I have lost 100lbs and still 2 months before my year sleeverversery.

Weight At Discharge: 314.6 lbs.
Current Weight: 214.1 lbs. (100.5 lbs lost YAAY and 49.1lbs left to GOAL!! )

Its Been A Year.

Hey guys,

I know I havent updated in a while, but yesterday was my 1 yr VSG Anniversery!!! I would have posted yesterday but I have been super busy helping my sister with her wedding Saturday that I didnt even realize what the date was.

So lets recap over the last year of my life. I have had many heartbreaks as well as many reasons to celebrate. I had surgery last year on 8/21/2015 at VCU Medical Center by Dr. James Bittner. I had a great surgery with no complications and was able to go home within 3 days. I instantly started to see results but it was a constant battle.
People think that having WLS is the easy way out but it is actually alot of hard work with constant reminders that you arent who you used to be. You cant eat what you used to eat without consequences..
VSG has saved my life and given me a new healthier me. I have had two ectopic pregnancies after surgery so I can no longer have children on my own which was heartbreaking. I have two now but wanted another badly. Dealing with this caused me to stress eat and eat things i wasnt supposed too. I quickly learned and had to get back on track.
I have had several little accomplishments like being able to tie my shoes while standing, cross my legs, even sit indian style like my daughter. I have more energy and can run around and play with my children. I would not have been able to do any of this without the help of VSG.
Below is an update:

Highest Weight: 331.0 lbs
Weight At Discharge: 314.6 lbs.
Current Weight: 209.0 lbs. (105.6 lbs lost YAAY and 44.6lbs left to GOAL!! )

A year later!!!

Stomach pains after eating

Hey fellow sleevers,

For the past few days I have been experiencing stomach pains during and after eating, as well as drinking. I have avoided eating because of the pain. I could tell you exactly what I have had in the last 3 days and it wasnt even enough for one day. The pain has been a dull pain accompanied with back pain. Has anyone else has problems with this? Today is my one year check up with the surgeon so I will be sure to ask him but in the mean time... help....

Dr. James G. Bittner

I have been working with Dr. Bittner for about a year and a half now, he has been awesome, I would defiantly recommend him to any one in the Richmond, VA surrounding areas.