56 And Hated My Belly - Richmond, VA

I had this procedure done 3 days ago but so far,...

I had this procedure done 3 days ago but so far, I'm not having any issues. It was a bit uncomfortable when they applied the machine but nothing that I'd call terribly painful. On the sides, it hurt a little more than the center area. The technician said that was because the skin was looser there. They applied the large size machine in three places across my lower abdomen because my belly is so BIG. Also, I go back in 8 weeks for a second treatment. The most painful thing about it for me so far has been the PRICE. As of today, my skin is numb, my whole lower belly is sore, swollen and bruised. But I'm sleeping well and am not yet experiencing anything else. Once in awhile I feel a little twinge and maybe that increases as the area heals and nerves get firing properly again. So far though, nothing. As for whether this is worth it, that remains to be seen. I don't expect unrealistic results but hope to be able to wear a dress or a swimsuit without this horrible belly roll on my front. I've lost 20 lbs but have a lot more to go. As I've lost, this belly just began to deflate and hang worse. It's clear that it wasn't going to just shrink up and go away on its own. I tried to post photos but they're going sideways.

A Little Bit Stabby Today

Today is the 5th day after the coolsculpting procedure and I'm feeling occasional small stabbing pains but nothing that would even make me take a tylenol. I'm feeling this mostly on the sides. I had three large applications across my front abdomen. Bruising is fading and swelling is going down - I hadn't realized how swollen I was! The skin was warm to the touch for several days afterwards but is less so now. I think like others have said that some type of compression pants would feel good and help with this little bit of discomfort I'm having. But again, the stabbing pains are minor. There is no doubt though that my abdomen is quite sore under the skin and yet my skin is still numb. Coolsculpting is strange. You go, have it done, pay a lot and then come home and have no results except negative ones so you have to keep telling yourself that surely it will help and be worth it eventually! I'll check back in in about 5 days but the experience for me has been "so far so good."

Oh Boy This Hurts

Yep, just like many others, 6 days after the procedure I have horrible, pulsating pain in my lower abdomen. It feels like I'm burning on the inside. Massage helps a little. Ice helps although the post procedures said in big caps DO NOT PUT COLD OR HOT on the treated area. Tylenol and ibuprophin don't help at all. So I have at least 10 more days of this? Great. Just great. Can't wait for the itching. I know this is the damaged nerves waking up and it has to happen but they really do make light of this when you have it done. So miserable.

Appreciate Your Support!

Called the doctor and got some pain meds but I think they just make me sleepy. I've just had to deal with it today with no meds and hope it doesn't last much longer. I appreciate the kind support of everyone and will post photos when I start to see results. I am not a thin person and I wanted to share this experience with others who are also not thin so that we can see how well this procedure works and whether it helps with our least favorite problem areas. Right now it's too soon to know whether it will be worth the money and pain. I sure hope it wasn't wasted!

Pain Gone

Ok here's a little update in case anyone is looking. The intense burning and shooting knife-like pains have subsided. They began on the 5th day and lasted about 5 days. Now I'm just slightly sore and will settle down to wait for some visible results. In two months I go back again for a second round and now that I know what I'm in for, I'm not looking forward to it. If I get any results though, for me it will be worth it. The pain I had was far less than surgery would have been. That was never an option for me though.

Belly is Shrinking

Let's see, it's been 3 weeks and I can definitely tell my belly is smaller. Not sure if it could be seen in photos yet but I feel it for sure. If it feels this much smaller at three weeks, what will it be like in two months? I'm starting to get excited about this. We'll see.
Dr. Sundin

Everything at the Drs office went smoothly. I'd have liked a pair of scrub pants to wear, even though they'd have gotten wet with the treatment. I felt a bit exposed.