2nd Laser Treatment of Facial Thread Veins in 5 Years - Richmond, VA

I'm 62, have pretty good, well-taken-care-of skin....

I'm 62, have pretty good, well-taken-care-of skin. However, I have a few minor thread veins on cheeks, around nose, and I don't like to wear concealer (I live in the very hot & humid SE coastal USA). Five years ago, I was referred by my dermatologist to a MD specializing in laser treatment. Had only one pulse dye V-beam treatment ($300), w/ little post-op swelling or bruising. Five days post-op, veins gone! Five years later, veins returned, as expected, as well as some new sites. This time, I was told I needed both V beam & YAG solid state laser ($600). Decided to go forward, as I still wanted the freedom of using little makeup. 24 hours post-op, I had minor swelling, but greater spot bruising than 1st time around. Not happy, but hopeful it would resolve. Now, 5 days later, swelling almost gone, but spot bruising very apparent, also some denting. Called dr. to advise. If these symptoms do not resolve, then I will be left w/ skin looking WAY worse than before. Note that the dr. wanted to schedule a 2nd followup treatment, but I declined, as I wanted to see results. I will follow up this review in the next 2 weeks. I sure hope that I haven't just paid $600 for a treatment that has permanently damaged my skin!
Richmond Dermatologist