Spirolactone Ended 16 Years of Cystic Acne. Richmond, VA

I've suffered from acne since I was just 8 years...

I've suffered from acne since I was just 8 years old. For years I visited a rather mediocre dermatologist who was unable to diagnose the cause of my problem and as I grew older the acne only worsened. By the time I was in college, I was deep in the throes of cystic acne and beginning to get scars.

It wasn't until this fall that I visited Dr. Hayri Sangiray of the Dermatology Center of Richmond, and I only wish I had done so sooner. He suspected that I was being plagued by a hormonal imbalance and ordered some tests (blood + 24-hour urine) , and it turns out that he was right.

I started a Spirolactone treatment on 11/17/2014 and 4 weeks later my acne is basically cured!

I highly recommend asking your dermatologist to order a hormonal test to see if your acne is being caused by an imbalance if you're like me and have been suffering from it for far too long. If it is and you're a woman, then Spirolactone is *the* cure for this problem and has none of the side effects of Accutane.

I am now working on removing my acne scars with a CO2 laser treatment. You can follow my progress here: http://www.realself.com/review/richmond-va-co2-laser-24-year-history-acne-and-moderate-acne-scarring#/entry-
Dr. Hayri Sangiray