Devastated - Left with Asymmetric Nose and Constant Pain - Richmond, BC

I had a revision rhinoplasty with dr Bartlett in...

I had a revision rhinoplasty with dr Bartlett in 2012, which I have regretted every day since. I initially booked a consultation with a different doctor for which I had to wait 1year, dr Bartlett was able to see me right away and also book a surgery soon after the consultation. It should've been a red flag. I should have ran, fast.
I had my primary rhinoplasty about 22 years ago that left me with asymmetry. I had wanted to have that corrected for a long time and in 2012, when I had enough money saved up I decided was the year to do it. Going with dr Bartlett was a huge mistake, a complete waste of money. Not only that my nose is still asymmetric, I now have to live with a constant feeling of pressure and pain in my nose, which sometimes extends to my ears and upwards to my eye, it is there when I go to bed and when I wake up, pain is so debilitating sometimes that it is very difficult to do my daily activities.

During the consultation dr Bartlett was pleasant, very confident that he can correct my asymmetry and I trusted him. After the surgery, when the cast was removed, he said he is pleased with the result and also asked me if I could write a nice review of my surgery. I was shocked. He also asked me if I was on Facebook and could "like" him on Facebook. I found that very unprofessional. When I pointed to the bump on the left side of my nose and the unevenness, he said it is swelling and that I can't see the final result for about a year. One year passed, and of course the nose was still uneven, asymmetric and the bump was still there. Then he said he can put a filler in to even it out. I didn't see the point, since fillers are temporary. At my following appointment, I agreed to try the filler, for which he charged me $200, and of course it didn't make any difference, so I didn't do it again. He also said that with repeated use of fillers, the skin would "thicken" and create a scar tissue with repeated needle pokes and that would help even out the asymmetry. What?!
After the surgery I would feel pain in my nose from time to time, I thought that was normal part of healing and that it would eventually go away. It didn't, and it was getting worse. Every time I said to dr Bartlett that I feel pressure and pain in my nose, he would look inside my nose, say there's nothing wrong and just that it is unrelated to the surgery.
My last appointments that I had with him were rushed, he said that there's nothing else he can do because my pain is unrelated. I guess he already got my $11000, and at this point was not interested in wasting his time with me. Each time I left his office I felt unhappy, very disappointed with the visual result, feeling scared for my future because of the pain.
Almost 4 years have past since the surgery, the pain now is to the point that I don't enjoy life anymore. I hate looking in the mirror and being photographed. Dr Bartlett asked for a review, so here it is. I waited a long time to do this, I don't normally write reviews, but I feel it is very important for people who are looking for a surgeon to read these and read about other people's experience. If I can help one person it was worth it. I don't want anyone to go through what I am going through. With the pain in my nose I have a constant reminder. I feel like I'm living in a nightmare that I can't wake up from and I want my life back!
Please, be very careful who you choose to do your surgery, read and read and read all the reviews... I wish I did. I now find that dr Bartlett has many negative reviews online and also some excellent reviews, which don't describe the procedure or anything at all about the reviewer in detail, just are very vague.... hmmm could they be fake?

Thank you for reading my story and I wish you all find a surgeon that you are very happy with and have the best possible outcome from your surgery.
Vancouver Facial Plastic Surgeon

Choosing dr Bartlett to do my revision rhinoplasty was the biggest mistake in my life.