I Feel Like a New Person! - Reston, VA

I am a 38 year old woman who is an active athlete....

I am a 38 year old woman who is an active athlete. Over time, running and movements as simple as squats rendered me useless from back pain. I visited orthopaedic doctors, physical therapists, and a pain specialist. In addition to the pain, I was embarrassed by my appearance as I had to buy larger shirts that were less than flattering, but anything smaller would have looked unprofessional. The staff at Austen-Weston provide a comfortable, judgement-free place to have consultations and ask any/all questions. Their professionalism is top notch. I feel self-confident again! One month out from surgery and I am running over seven miles a day. My friends who know I had surgery all say that I look happier. Those who do not know just say that they know there is something different, but cannot quite figure out why. I could not be happier with my results!!!
Reston Plastic Surgeon

Dr. Christopher Knotts at Austen-Weston was my surgeon. He understood my self-consciousness of clothing not fitting, but also understood the pain I was feeling in my back. He and his staffed worked with my insurance company and expedited the process so that I would be ready to run a half marathon in February. Dr. Knotts takes the time to answer all of your questions, as well as provides answers to questions you might forget to ask. I have a unique medical situation that required an alternative to some of the medications used during surgery and for post-op care. Dr. Knotts and his team found alternative medications for me. He has a wonderful sense of humor that puts you at ease in what can feel like an awkward situation. Most importantly, he takes pride in his work. Already the day after surgery I could tell the pain in my back was lessening. Now one month out, I cannot stop smiling every time I catch myself in the mirror. I really feel like a new person! Huge thank you to Dr. Knotts and the staff at Austen-Weston for allowing me to live pain free.