Upper Eyelid Surgery with Dr. McKevitt. Renton, WA

I have upper eyelid surgery with Dr. Sylvia...

I have upper eyelid surgery with Dr. Sylvia McKevitt on 5/5/16. I am 46, with hereditary droopy eyelids. My grandmother had the surgery when she was in her 60's (paid by insurance) and my mother had it when she was my age, 20 years ago. I was fully prepared for the surgery, and had consults with several other surgeons, but felt most comfortable with Dr. McKevitt. She is an Oculoplastic surgeon, and she only deals with eyes, which I liked. The surgery was in office, and with the pain medication and local anesthetic, it was easy. The hard part has been the recovery, for sure! It has been a mixture of relaxing, anxiety provoking, and just plain boring. My eyes look pretty good today, day 8, and I feel strongly that they will improve more and more each day....it's just being patient that's so hard! I have had a few freak outs, and bouts of worry, but have tried to remain calm and stay away from the mirror. I will post more in a few days, and perhaps put up some photos.
This site has been a true lifesaver during the entire process. I want to thank the brave men and women who have posted their experiences:)

15 days post upper bleph

I am feeling much, much better about my decision to have the eyelid surgery. I feel like my eyelids are slowly getting less red and puffy. I am having a little bit of asymmetry, but I had the asymmetry before surgery, so I can't fault Dr. McKevitt. One bit of advice for those thinking about doing eyelid surgery, get some glasses as they help hide the redness and bruising. I had to go back to work after 10 days. I wore my glasses and no one seemed to notice my eyes, which was a relief since I didn't want to tell everyone at work.
This site has been a real blessing, as the emotional part of the recovery seemed to be the hardest part, for sure.

One month and loving the results

I am 1 month post upper blepharoplasty and am very satisfied with the results. I am thrilled that I choose Dr. McKevitt, as she did exactly what I wanted. The recovery was definitely stressful, but the results are worth it!
Renton Oculoplastic Surgeon

Dr. McKevitt is a true professional. She made me feel very comfortable and welcomed any question I had. I highly recommend her!