39 Year Old; Mom of 3 Kids - Arlington, TX

I went see Dr. Tran to discuss whether I should do...

I went see Dr. Tran to discuss whether I should do a tummy tuck or if I was a good candidate for Coolsculpting. I really did not want the downtime associated with a tummy tuck and my friends who had it said I would not be able to stand up straight for the first 30 days. Since I am also a student that carries a ton of books in my backpack... I decided to go with Coolsculpting.

Dr. Tran introduced me to Peni who was the Coolsculpting guru. Her testimonial on his website convinced me to try it. On the day of my procedure, Peni measured me and made the markings. However, I was thoroughly disappointed when another assistant came in to actually do the procedure. I thought I had built a great rapport with Peni (disappointed at the last minute switch-a-roo). Anyway, the new assistant, Lee, was very pleasant (although I'm unsure if she was trained or licensed) and placed the cold, gel tissue and then the suction right where Peni drew the markings. The one/hour process did not hurt at all. However, the massage afterwards was very uncomfortable. About an hour later, I was feeling somewhat normal although I was still numb and it felt weird.

I had my left and right side flanks done and my abdomen. Because they used the large applicators for all 3 areas, the price was $1200/each. The price for the small applicator was $600 (which was not used). I was advised by Peni that, as with any procedure done, if you don't follow it up with eating healthy and exercise it would be a waste of money. Which I believe is true because some of my friends who had tummy tucks are already gaining weight again.

I'm hoping I can get the results I want in the time frame I want and that it will be worth the money. I will try to add pictures and update this review soon.

6 days post

Ok. All of the itching is true! Ugh! I wish I could've stayed home from work today. I have constant sensations of "stinging"/zings. I don't know how to explain the feeling. It is uncomfortable and painful at times. After reading another review, I will be purchasing Advil or Tylenol to help with the pain. It is not an extreme pain but definitely uncomfortable.

It does help to move and walk around though. That's the only time it doesn't hurt. I really would like to jog or workout but I can't do anything high impact. I plan to go walking tonight once I get home. I looked at my pictures that I posted the day after the procedure and I can tell that I am swollen since I can't fit any of my clothes right now. Thank God for dresses since I can't button my pants! I will try to post again next week.

Sleepless nights

I have not slept well the last 2 nights. The pain kept me tossing and turning all night long. I tried ice and also a heating pad. Nothing worked. I feel like I'm ready to deliver a baby!

Also, none of the reviews mentioned diarrhea as a symptom. I stayed in the bathroom most of the morning. I would suggest researching and googling in addition to the testimonials here.

I was able to go jogging yesterday evening which was good. The only bad part is I only did a mile and I wasn't able to jog the entire thing. I guess that means I'm officially a "wogger"! Gotta find my new groove!

Other than feeling sleep deprived, I'm back at work and feeling a little better. Today is Day 8 and I'm praying the hardest part is over. If anyone wants to share their food log, I'm all ears. So far, my goal is to eat the least amount of bread possible and as many fruits and veggies as possible over the next 20 days.

Day 11

Today I wogged (walk/jogged) 3.8 miles. I ran twice earlier this week although both times were less than a mile. The numbness and stinging sensation is minimal although I still feel them ever now and then. I actually found that when I workout and get my blood warm and flowing it doesn't hurt as bad right afterwards!

I am noticing a very small change. My stomach used to fold over itself. Now, it is not as drastic, but I still have a ways to go. It's progress. I tried adding a collage to compare the pictures. It's pretty difficult to get the exact same view and angle, but I did my best to show an accurate comparison.
Arlington Plastic Surgeon