Not What I Wanted, and Not What I Could Live with - Pittsford, NY

This surgery was intended to correct a prior upper...

This surgery was intended to correct a prior upper eyelid surgery that I had a year prior, and to conduct a lower eyelid surgery, as well. Dr. Whipple had agreed to extend my eyebrows straight across in order to get rid of the folds on the sides of my eyes; raise my upper inner eyelids so that my eyes would appear less tired, bigger, and brighter; and lift the bags under my eyes. She failed on all counts. She did not raise my eyebrows straight across, did not get rid of the folds on the sides of my eyes, did not raise my upper inner eyelids, and did not lift the bags under my eyes. Actually, they became worse, creating festoons under my eyes. I had to have fraxil laser surgery below my eyes to partially fix that problem. Since she was fired a week after my surgery, allegedly for unrelated reasons, I was not able to meet with her until five months after the surgery in her new office. She was nice as can be, and offered to fix the problem below my eye right then and there, without an anaesthesiologist and without an assistant. However, I didn't trust her since she botched it the first time, so I did not have it done. Several months later, I was able to get a small partial reimbursement for the damage done.
Dr. Katherine Whipple