Filler in NL Folds - Rancho Mirage, CA

I had received filler in the NL folds from a NP at...

I had received filler in the NL folds from a NP at a clinic in Bellevue, Washington, and was extremely pleased. It was time for more filler a few years later, and happened to be visiting the Desert area of California with no plans to be in Washington any time soon. I checked reviews on another site for "Dr. Q." and they seemed favorable. I was able to get an appointment within a few days. When I arrived, I had to wait for 60 minutes. During that time, I had two conversations with assistants attempting to upsell me on additional procedures. 90 minutes after arriving, the doctor saw me and performed the injections. Ultimately, I wish very much I would not have had injections there. While Dr. Q receives favorable reviews for her plastic surgery results, I find injections to be an entirely different ballgame. Injections are clearly an ancillary part of what Dr. Q does, with plastic surgery comprising far more of her time. One side clearly needed more filler than the other, and that side ended up overfilled and somewhat puffy compared to the other, even years later. One difference in technique I noticed was that the NP in Washington made far more individual injections than Dr. Q; this took longer, involved more pokes for me, and was certainly less convenient for the NP; but it obviously allows for a more precise result. While I don't think that injections are rocket science, when all is said and done, I would take the same approach to facial injections as I would to joint replacement: go to the provider who does that specific thing all day, every day, for the best results. Don't go somewhere because it's convenient and/or the provider *should* be able to give you a good result.
Palm Springs Plastic Surgeon

Dr. Q. was professional, but seemed rushed (as evidenced by my inordinate wait time).