45yr. Old, 38K to (?) Have to get fitted

It's been a long time coming. I had been...

It's been a long time coming. I had been researching and contemplating a breast reduction since I was in my early 20's, but never had the resources or insurance to have the procedure done. In 2010, when I was pursuing joining the military, I wanted to get the reduction and was approved to do so by my doctor, but the Surgeon consultation was not successful and neither felt confident enough to do and have the procedure done, due to my propensity to scar; for this reason, I waited longer knowing that technology would catch one day. My big breast were a continual burden with all of the issues that heavy breasted women go through physically, emotionally, psychologically, financially, etc. My boobs were heavy and hanging down to the point where I literally hated wearing bras and stayed home most of the time just to take it off. Exercising was very, very limited or out of the question depending on what the activity was. Walking and bouncing was the norm, one breast bigger than the other and clothes ill fitting were a constant problem.

Thanks to Obama Care I had insurance, but was initially turned down by the insurance company. I appealed with a very personal and detailed 3 page letter and inserts from the insurance company handbook. Needless to say, I received a call before the appeals interviewing indicating that my procedure was approved. I felt it was big victory, but then came the wait. I prayed and left it in the Lord's hand. Many small miracles happened in between like discovering that the Surgeon that I researched on this site would be the same person to perform my surgery, how ironic is that. Someone cancelled their surgery for some reason and I was called to gladly fill in the spot; on November 21, 2016 it was done. All I can say is that it felt like a 12lbs burden lifted off of my chest and back. I keep looking down in disbelief, and discovered that I have a lot of work to do on my stomach, since I can see it so much better.

I am recovering well, just a little sore underneath the arms area. The pain is easing up and I am able to do a little bit more as the days go by, but I still take the pain meds to ease the soreness a recommended. Today, 11/23 was my first time looking at my breast and I can truly say that I am impressed. Will be working on the scaring and healing takes place, but I am well pleased and on my way to a new journey.

I know the healing is a process, s I don't expect much as far a completed results are concerned. I have great expectation and willing to live with whatever scaring that the is left behind for freedom. Losing 12lbs. was amazing. Will post progress.

First Week Update

Swollen, tight from the lift, but glad to feel a whole lot lighter now that the weight has been lifted. Since I was sutured and glued due to the propensity to scar there was no tape or bandaging. Felt swelling, heat, tightness and a lot of soreness, especially underneath the arms, but that was to be expected. Everything looked okay, but the sizing was smaller than expected. Not sure why, since I consulted and took my new bras for fitting. Thank God I kept my leisure bras or there would be nothing to wear. One thing I am grateful for is that I look wonderful in clothes without a bra. I can now wear strapless if I chose too. How exciting. Can't wait to go bra shopping.

Right breast upclose

Having a hard time adding photos for some reason
Rancho Cucamonga Plastic Surgeon

Very caring, patient, thorough in explanation, and listened to request; even used bra I brought to size my breast.