46 Yo Female, Developing Jowels and Turkey Neck - Raleigh, NC

I turned 46 not too long ago, and for the last...

I turned 46 not too long ago, and for the last several months started noticing the beginnings of jowels. Recent photos show bulging under my chin, so much so that I felt I looked years older. I'm very active with young children and not ready to submit! So, I first looked into a neck lift. Doc said no way but did suggest Ultherapy. I had heard some negative things about it, but he assured me it was safe, and he had had it done himself, which made me feel more confident. So, I decided to give it a try. It's been about three days so I'm still pretty swollen but this seems to be normal. It did hurt though! Doc prescribed Xanax and Tylenol/codeine but I had to do breathing and other exercises to get through it. I had this wierd reaction to the pain where my teeth started chattering. Finally, we developed a rhythm and I'd do a butt lift with each zap - it helped, and I got a good butt workout! LOL The nurse at Skin Raleigh, Mary, who did the procedure was great and we even had a good laugh. Will update as I progress.

Within a week following Ultherapy

Mostly the inflammatory response and some minor bruising, as I had been forwarned...

Day 5, swelling down and improved jawline??!?

I'm not seeing things, right?...there's some tightening in the jawline. Under chin, not so much yet, but keeping fingers crossed

Starting to notice thinggs happening

At three and a half weeks out, the swelling is gone, very slight tenderness around my jawline, and I daresay something is starting to happen??? (I know I'm not supposed to take more pics until three minths out but I couldn't resist). Note - I had a little filler around mouth "smile line" so ignore that area.

Definite improvement!

Ok, it's been three months. There's been definite improvement in jaw definition. I hope there's a bit more lifting in the neck area over the next few months, but I'm happy with the results so far.

Skin Raleigh is the med spa for Davis and Pyle, Plastic Surgeons. I first met with Dr. Davis, who referred me to Mary at their med spa. So far, very professional and responsive to my concerns. On time for appointments.