32 Years Old with 1 Child - Raleigh, NC

Not sure where to start with my journey but here...

Not sure where to start with my journey but here goes. I have wanted/needed a tummy tuck for the past 10 years. After giving birth to an 8lb 7 oz baby, my body was never the same. During my pregnancy I gained 55lbs and was left with a saggy tummy. Being in the military, I had to drop the weight and get back in "shape" quickly which I did. Unfortunately, it was not the shape I imagined. Fast forward 10 years, I was finally out the military and able to pay for a tummy tuck. I came home from Afghanistan and immediately scheduled my surgery. Initially I was excited. However, it was nothing like I expected. The pain was real!!!! The results so far leave me wondering if I wasted my money. I now have fewer stretch marks but my stomach has a noticeable bulge above my belly button that you can see even when I'm fully clothed. Every day I look hoping it magically goes down but I don't think it will. My PS told me it was swelling at my last followup but 16 weeks post op I am starting to think it will never go away. I have an appt on Friday so I hope he can fix this.

Pre-op

Here is a pre-op pic

3 months post op

Here is my 3 month post op.

Answers

Hey everyone. I finally had my 3 month follow up which is more 4 months. If you all remember I was really concerned about this bulge above my belly button. Well my PS says he no longer thinks it's swelling. It looks like possibly some excess fat and/or something with my sutures. Going back in about 2 weeks to see if he can fix it...I have my fingers crossed and will keep you all updated on the results.

Progress update

Hey everyone. Today I went to see my PS to have the bump above my belly button fixed. I got a little lipo and a suture or two put in.

I really didn't know what to expect going in today but it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. I will say I am a little surprised with the amount of pain/discomfort I'm feeling tonight. I honestly thought I could pop 2 Tylenol and be fine. Trust me that is not the case. You will most definitely need something a little stronger on day 1. I can't take a shower or anything until tomorrow, but I will post pics soon.

5 month post op-UNHAPPY

Hey everyone. Just trying to make sure I post updated. So last time I posted I talked about the noticeable bulge above my belly button. Well I went back to the doctor almost 2 weeks ago and he did some "revision" work. I had a little lipo and a couple of sutures put in WHILE AWAKE!!! They did numb me up but having your arms strapped down while you watch someone dig around in your belly is not fun....Fast forward 2 weeks. I noe have a slightly smaller yet still obvious hard bulge above my belly button. At this point I don't know what to do. I really unhappy with the bulge especially since it is visible through any fitted tops/dresses and hard. Since lipo did not fix the issue, I am worried that I will need another surgery to correct this problem and that worries me. I really don't want another surgery but I staying like this is not an option. Sadly I am starting to regret my decision to go through with my tummy tuck. I went from one messed up stomach to another????.

Revision with lipo and additional sutures

5 month post op

Well it has been about 5 months since my initial surgery and 1 month since having additional lipo with added sutures. Sadly I still have a bulge above my belly button and not flat at all. The bulge is somewhat smaller than it was prior to getting additional work done but it's still there. Needless to say I'm unhappy with my results and regret spending 8500 on it. My PS says he thinks it's just swelling and will go down. Unfortunately I am not as optimistic as him. I really feel like I will have to get a revision and it's not something I'm looking forward to.

Not what I expected??????????

I'm about 6 months post op and I'm unhappy. I knew what to expect going in and did tons of research. Unfortunately I am not a success story. I still have a bulge above my belly button and excess fat on the sides/front. I know the healing process takes time but I should at least look like I had work done besides the scar. I really feel like I wasted my money and went through all the pain for nothing. At this point I don't know what to do and I keep beating myself up for deciding to go through with the surgery. Anyone else go through the regret phase? And if you did what did you do? I need advice b/c I'm upset and unhappy with my results. Going to post a picture of me and my front roll that remains after surgery.
Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon

The doctor, staff, and actual surgery was great. One of the nurses even went the extra mile to ensure, I got the pain medication I needed after the first prescription did not ease my pain. My only con is the outcome of the surgery. This bulge in my stomach has me worried I will be forced to have a revision done.