Loving my New Profile - Raleigh, NC

Ever since high school I always hated my profile. ...

Ever since high school I always hated my profile. I got my moms nose from the front but my dads German hump nose from the side. I always felt because of my big nose that I didn't look feminine from the side, so I finally got the nerve to do something about it. I did a lot of research and drove the two and a half hours to Dr.Stein because he had very good credentials and ratings, and I really loved the results of his rhinoplasty patients. He focuses just on the face, so I had comfort knowing he specialized in this area and I had a lesser chance of anything going wrong. Canaday, his front desk lady was so awesome at answering all my questions and easing me that I was in good hands. After meeting with Dr.Stein I appreciated that I didn't feel rushed, he answered all my questions, but also did not recommend anything more than what I needed. In fact he told me in a crowded room he wouldn't pick me out and say "she needs a nose job", which shocked me. He understood I just wanted to take down the hump but look the same from the front, and he agreed I had an aesthetically pleasing tip so he would not alter that. The doctor I had seen previously had tried to recommend a chin implant (which I didn't need) and wanted to change my nose from the front. The surgery went great and I only took medication for 2 days. I would say the most uncomfortable thing about it was being stuffy and bloody and having to be propped up in bed, I hardly had any pain. I am now 3 weeks post op and so far loving my new profile. I am still very swollen from the front and that's my only concern right now, as I want to make sure my nose won't look any wider or fatter from the front, but my doctor said he did osteotomies so I'm trying to not freak out too soon. I have noticed less swelling going into week three which has been encouraging. I'm taking lots of arnica, bromelain, and systemic enzymes to avoid scar tissue, plus eating healthy and watching sodium intake to keep any extra swelling down. My breathing is completely back to normal now, but I'm still struggling with my smile and hoping that will come back fully soon.

2 week vs 5 week swelling comparison

Just want to encourage those worried about swelling and how much can change from 2 weeks to a little over a month. Same lighting and place in my bathroom. I took my 5 week photo this morning. Excuse my no makeup & clip up hair. Every day I'm more encouraged the swelling will continue to improve but there are still some days it fluctuates depending on salt intake, & hydration that I've noticed. My swelling is worse at night and as soon as I wake, but after I'm up for an hour it goes down. Right now my left side has more swelling than the right and is more numb. That is the side he went in and did more work, that is to be expected though.

2 month mark

All my concerns & worries I had are pretty much gone at this point. I finally have my smile completely back & feel like I look like myself again from the front. It seems like all the swelling is gone but I know that can't be possible, whatever is left is a small percentage for sure. Doctor had said by 6 months I will definitely be seeing my final results, I think a lot in part to the fact I had no tip work and didn't have open rhinoplasty. I am very happy & not regretting the surgery at all now. Patience is key! I really really recommend taking B vitamins (nerve regeneration) turmeric, arnica, & systemic enzymes (eats away at scar tissue & anti-inflammatory). I also did acupuncture to help with lymphatic drainage and for facial nerve restoration and it's definitely made a difference. I put a before surgery frontal & 2 month after frontal comparison ( I didn't want the front to change, just my profile)

2 month mark

All my concerns & worries I had are pretty much gone at this point. I finally have my smile completely back & feel like I look like myself again from the front, just more of a softer look. It seems like all the swelling is gone but I know that can't be possible, whatever is left is a small percentage for sure. Doctor said by 6 months I will definitely be seeing my final results, I think a lot in part to the fact I had no tip work and didn't have open rhinoplasty. I am very happy & not regretting the surgery at all now. Patience is key! I really really recommend taking B vitamins (nerve regeneration) turmeric, arnica, & systemic enzymes (eats away at scar tissue & anti-inflammatory). I also did acupuncture to help with lymphatic drainage and for facial nerve restoration and it's definitely made a difference with less numbness & my smile not being stiff anymore. I put a before surgery frontal picture and comparison of after surgery frontal. (I didn't want front to change, just profile).
Raleigh-Durham Facial Plastic Surgeon