22yo Old, Have Wanted This for 10 Years - Raleigh, NC

Dr. Diehl and all of her staff involved in my...

Dr. Diehl and all of her staff involved in my procedure from the moment I stepped in the office were amazing. Everyone is very welcoming and helpful, and always accessible for any questions or concerns. It's only been one day since the surgery, but my head is spinning with long awaited relief. So happy to finally have gone through with this.

Day 3 post op

Day 3 I've noticed swelling and overall pain has gone down some, nothing major but enough to make it a little more tolerable when I get up to walk to the bathroom or kitchen. I have only been taking 500mg extra strength Tylenol every 6hrs for the pain and alternating bags of frozen peas for the swelling, I stopped taking oxycodone on the first day. I will be returning to work in 4 days which will be a full week post op, hoping it will be more comfortable to sit by then. I know you're not supposed to look for a while, but I was too curious not to haha. It looks exactly as I would expect in this stage of recovery, nothing alarming. Eventually I'll post my before and fully healed after pictures. Hope this helps someone else out there with their labiaplasty decision as so many others have helped me with mine over the years!

Post-Op Check up

Had my post op appointment yesterday, doc said I'm exactly where I should be and I look good. Next appointment won't be for about 4 weeks so hopefully I make a lot of progress in that time. The last 2 days have been much better, I've had to do a little driving and grocery shopping. I notice I start getting pretty sore after moving around or sitting up, but I've been very good at icing. In comparison to the first few days where I felt the need to ice multiple times throughout the day, now I ice maybe twice a day. I've found that eliminating underwear or even loose sweats does wonders for being comfortable. It's still quite painful for me to even wear underwear. I've been fortunate enough to not hit the itchy stage....yet. I return to work tomorrow! Eek.

Hoping the painful stage passes very quick and I can finally just sit like normal without having to adjust myself.

First day back at work

First day back at worked was awful. With the way my uniform fits, I absolutely had to wear underwear to create kind of a barrier so the crotch material wasn't digging into me...or so I thought it would help. I found myself almost nauseous and sweating from the pain trying to walk or sit down like a normal person. I think what's making it so painful are my stitches rubbing up again everything and poking me, really hope they dissolve very very soon. I'm going to look for some numbing spray to get me through the next full week. I know ice and Tylenol won't get me through anything more than just sitting around the house.

The itchiness has started

I was beginning to think I was lucky and skipped the itchy stage. Nope. Walking is getting easier, but I still have to kind of waddle a little bit or else there's a lot of friction. I haven't noticed the stitches dissolving at all and I wish they would be everytime they get caught on my scrubs at work it's a sharp pain. They're really starting to push up from the skin so I think that's at least a good sign. Sitting normally is still painful and I can only walk or stand or about an hour at a time before I start aching and I noticed increased discharge whenever I'm moving around. The swelling is slowly coming down but I really just want to hit the one month mark so I can finally feel some peace and relax comfortably as the rest of it comes together. And wear a swim suit.

5 weeks post op

Haven't posted in a little while, after that first month everything finally came together. It looks so scary in the first few weeks and things will even still change in the next couple months, too. I can't begin to explain how much of a relief it is to feel "normal" or sexy in my own clothes for the first time in my life. I can wear tight yoga pants or fitting shorts to the gym without worrying about looking uneven and bulky. I can wear tiny swim suit bottoms and lingerie without the fear of a lip or two slipping out. I can wear my work uniform without any chaffing or pain or having to awkwardly adjust my underwear. This surgery was a long time coming and I'm so glad I did it. Major confidence boost and self happiness all around.
Durham Plastic Surgeon

Dr. Diehl is very personable and over all easy to work with. I came in having done quite a bit of research on my own so I had a general idea of what to expect, but she was more than willing to answer any questions. Professional and understanding, her whole office felt like my own little group of supportive cheerleaders. Would recommend to anyone.