Septo/Rhinoplasty - Queens, NY

Hello everyone! I got a Septo/Rhinoplasty done 6...

Hello everyone!

I got a Septo/Rhinoplasty done 6 years ago. At that time, I was young and stupid. I did not do any research whatsover and just blindly trusted my ENT doctor to perform the surgery on me. Little did I know how difficult rhinoplasty was.

I had no idea about cartilage or nasal implants and just recently found out that I had 4mm of goretex placed in my bridge. The really strange thing is that I like the way my nose looks most of the time but only under certain lights, I can see the edges of my implant. Or when I purse my lip, the implant shows even more. And I think that the implant is a bit crooked or maybe I am overthinking it.

My surgeon told me that I could replace the implant and put in a silicone implant but I really don't want to use silicone. He also said that I could just use a temporary filler for the time being, but I just think that's a waste of time and money.

I am leaning towards taking the nasal implant and replacing it with my own cartilage but I'm having such a difficult time finding reputable doctors.

Can anyone share positive or negative reviews regarding any doctors or offer advice?

Much appreciated!
New York Facial Plastic Surgeon

Albert Jen is attentive, caring and very friendly. I just don't think he is very experienced with facial plastic surgery.