**Updates** Tubular breasts - Mastopexy & 450cc, HP Saline, Overs

Hey guys!!!! I'm 29, 5'3'', and currently a...

Hey guys!!!! I'm 29, 5'3'', and currently a wearing a 36A. I went for my pre-op appointment today and am so stinkin' excited! I've wanted this for a long time and can't believe it's finally happening!

Today I decided on high profile, 450ccs, saline, overs as well as a nipple lift. I have slight "tube boob" so going under the muscle would put me at high risk of "double bubble", hence the decision for over the muscle. This was kind of a bummer at first, but I'm okay with it now. I decided to go with saline so I could aim for a bit more symmetry, I would like to be a bit more balanced out. It's hard to tell in the pics, but there is a noticeable difference (Sorry about the obnoxious tan lines - just got back from camping).

When I went to try on sizers the nurse gave me every size and a sports bra and told me to try on every set without looking at CC's. She left, I tried them all on and picked my favorite two. When she came back in I learned they were the 425s and 450s. This was quite a bit larger than I thought I was going to be going - it seems to me that majority of the ladies on here hover around 350. But I genuinely felt like they made me look proportional (the nurse agreed and promised she would be totally honest if I looked ridiculous).

I'm graduating with my masters degree this Friday, and am getting married in August to my best friend - so my fiance and parents went in halvsies to make my dream come true :) I'm super nervous though, so will keep you guys updated on how it goes. If you have similar stats or are having a procedure around the same time - hit me up ! I would love some friends that are going through the same experience with me!

-K

Surgery is tomorrow AM

I'm so nervous, but excited!!! Tomorrow I get my lift and implants that I've dreamed about since I realized I was never going to have nice breasts naturally. I graduated with my Masters Degree this past weekend, and have spent all weekend with my family who have helped me get ready. This surgery is a gift from them for graduation and my upcoming wedding (August 24th). I am genuinely blessed with the most loving and supportive people in my life and I'm thankful every day.

So far, here's what I've accomplished to prepare:

- I've gotten my whole house cleaned and all laundry done, yard mowed and weeded, dog bathed.

- Groceries: Vitamin water, gatorade, pineapple, apples, strawberries, blueberries, bananas and peaches. Kale and spinach for juicing in the mornings (thanks to hubs!) peas, broccoli, celery, carrots and tomatoes. Crackers, fiber one bars, Ensure, cereal, almond milk. Several frozen Amy's dishes, a frozen pizza and 2 lean pockets. One chocolate silk pie (in case my sweet tooth kicks in, which is pretty likely).

- Non Grocery items: 4 zip-up, front closure sports bras, two sets of pajamas that have button-up tops, one loose fitting cotton nightie, Shea butter lotion, scar cream, All meds (Pain killers, muscle relaxers, anti-nausea, antibiotics, and stool softeners), pill organizers and written list to help remember when to take what. Bendie straws - I've seen that this helped other ladies drink more fluids because they didn't have to mess with picking up cups to drink.

- Entertainment: We don't have cable so I got one fiction book series (Game of Thrones, 5 books) that I've been wanting to read, two non-fiction novels (I love history books), 14 movies queued up on Netflix.

- Help - My fiance is staying with me the first two days and nights. Since he works nights, I have two girlfriends coming to stay with me the third and fourth nights. My fiance will be home all weekend. After the sixth day, I think I'll be okay home by myself. We kind of live out in the boonies, so I wanted to make sure I had someone here the first 5 days just in case anything happened and/or I needed a driver.

That's about it. I need to pack my over-night bag, since we're staying in a hotel tomorrow night near the surgeons office so we can go back in the AM for my 1-day post-op check.

Wish me luck!! I am so nervous that I'm not sure I'll be able to sleep tonight!!

- K

I have breasts!! 1-day post op

Yesterday was my BA and lift. All went well and I have thankfully been in little pain. Pain meds and muscle relaxers are definitely doing their job. I ended up with 440ccs in the right, and 450ccs in the left, saline, over the muscle. I am extremely swollen right now (not just my breasts, but my whole body) but I think once the swelling goes down I will be almost exactly the size I was aiming for! I'm so happy and excited I keep thinking I'm going to wake up and it all have been a dream!

The surgeon decided to reduce the radius of my areola, which was a nice surprise. I can't wait for everything to drop and see where my nipples lie on the finished product. I'm so excited that my nipples no longer point to the floor and I have cleavage!!!!

Here are a few pics from last night and this morning. Going to go back to bed and rest now. Will update again in a few days!

2-days post op

Slept well last night, and am staying on top of pain meds religiously. I set an alarm for every two hours to alternate ibuprofen and vicodin - so far this has kept the pain very low and has allowed me to get lots of rest.

I took my first shower today since the BA and got a good look at myself from head to toe in the mirror. I cannot believe how swollen my whole body is. My stomach and face especially (and the girls, of course). I usually have tiny little "rolls" on my midsection, but those are gone and my stomach is puffed out. Been drinking a lot of water to help flush things out.

Overall, feeling good and happy with my new body :) I will post pics again later this week, so far they still look like yesterdays pics.

2-days post op photos

Here's a couple pics from today. My left one is noticeably bigger than my right one and more sore - I'm hoping this is just normal swelling. There's a little bit of a "bubble" under the right one as well - think this is just normal swelling? Pain is still relatively low as long as I sit on my ass and stop tryin to do stuff around the house. Turns out I'm not that great at sitting still. Just need to be patient!

Four days Post Op -

Swelling has noticeably gone down. The bra I went home in on Tuesday is not quite snug enough now to do the job so I went to the next size down - I'm glad I bought multiple sizes! The frontal picture looks great compared to my pic from two days ago - the girls are dropping and settling nicely.

One issue of concern is my left nipple, which we've noticed has developed a blister of some kind. I've taken photos and contacted my surgeon who said it's probably okay but asked me to send him photos of it so he can get a closer look and he'll let me know what I need to do. The nipple isn't any more sensitive than it has been, but it looks kind of angry. I'm not running a fever. Anyone else had this problem? I refilled my antibiotics so I can continue them, and I put some antibacterial spray on the area and covered it with gauze. I'll let you guys know what he says about it.

Feeling a bit better today

Today I noticed an increase in my mobility, I can lift my arms up better (slowly, but surely) and can take deep breaths without being hesitant. My photo today looks like the upper pole area is more swollen than it was yesterday, but I still feel like overall swelling is going down.

My left nipple has not changed, and I have not heard back from my surgeon yet. However, I have refilled and continued to take my antibiotics, so hopefully this is helping. Pain level is still low, and I'm taking half doses every two hours instead of full doses. My right breast has dropped a little more, as you can see in the photo the steristrip on both breasts are now at or above my new breast crease! This makes me so happy!

Still resting and taking it easy to encourage a full recovery as quickly as possible. I love them more and more every day!!

1-Week Doctors appointment

Just got back from my 1-week follow up. He said all looks well, but he's not removing the steri-strips just yet because my right nipple is still "weeping" and he was afraid removing the steri-strips might cause further aggitation. He told me to keep the strips on until they fall off on their own. He said the blister above my left nipple isn't anything to worry about unless it pops or gets worse - so far it's stayed the same and I completed a second round of antibiotics just to be on the safe side.

He gave me clearance to do a side-to-side massage on each breast for 30 seconds to a minute, 7-8 times per day. He also said that although I'm feeling a bit better, I still need to rest and take it easy. I was happy to hear this, because I keep reading about other women who went back to work four days after surgery and I absolutely do not feel like I'm back to normal yet. I just graduated and don't have a job yet (which is why we timed the surgery for right now), but it's a relief to know that it's normal for me to still be so tired and sore 7 days after surgery.

Anyway, that's all I have for now. Will take more pics in the morning to update - they're looking better every day!! I'm so in love with them, and can't wait to go shopping!!

10-day post op

I'm totally done with pain pills & Ibuprofen. Thank goodness, they were plugging me up. At my 1 week check up the steri-strips weren't ready to come off, so doc said to let them come off on their own. The nipple I was concerned about is looking better, blister is drying up and Doc said it's nothing to worry about especially after doing a second round of antibiotics.

Doc cleared me to do side-to-side massages, basically just pushing each implant to the left and then to the right alternating for 30sec-1min, 7-8 times per day. He also put me on 1000mg/day of Vitamin E oil orally. He encouraged me to begin lifting up above my head and slowly increase my range of motion, but still does not want me picking up heavy things or using my pectoral muscles in anyway. He said that although I feel better, I still need to take it easy. That's been tough yesterday and today - I'm starting to go stir crazy.

I attempted to do some light cleaning this morning - fold a load of laundry and sweep up dog hair from the floor in the living room. I almost couldn't finish sweeping because my lower back already hurt! I had been strength training for 6 months, including back strengthening exercises, which I thought would have better prepared me for this added weight. I guess it's good I at least strengthened them as much as I did or I'd really be hurting! I can't imagine women who haul around DD+'s!

Anyway, my pic updates haven't changed all that much besides the swelling decreasing between my breasts and in the upper region on my right one. Nipples are still a bit low and implants are still high. It's going to be a pain playing the waiting game as they drop and fluff, but it's all ya can do. Gonna be extremely adamant about my vitamin E oil and massaging though to help things along. Still loving them more every day!!

Sorry....

Sorry about the bra marks and disgusting deoderant clump in the above photos. I just now noticed that, ugh.

Holy chapped boobs!

I'd been putting lotion on (alternating between Cocoa Butter and a lotion with Aloe & Vitamin E) every morning. About two days ago, I had trouble getting to sleep because of a throbbing pain in my breasts. Figuring I'd just done too much that day, I popped two ibuprofen and went to sleep. The next AM and ALL day they burned. The areas below my nippled but above my incision were so sensitive that I couldn't touch them! I told my hubs about it, and later that evening he finally looked at them. They were really, really chapped (I can't see the bottom of my breasts, and don't wear my glasses in the morning when putting on lotion). I've upped my lotion application to 2-3 times per day and this has helped immensely!! I'm guessing this is happening as my skin stretches, and those areas had the most stretching to do, for sure. Still taking my Vitamin E orally once a day also, doc recommended to do this for at least 3 months. I tried on my old swim suit, I definitely need a new one. The old one looked ridiculous with my new girls :) Not a bad problem to have at all! Aside from the chapped skin, the rest of the pain is mostly gone as long as I don't over-do it. Ready to start exercising again. Still loving the girls, but am going a bit stir crazy without my normal workouts!!

3 weeks post op

Please ignore my spray tan catastrophe - I got a spray tan for the 4th of July that turned me orange and is coming off inbetween my boobs - I underestimated the power of boob sweat. So please forgive the unsightly skin coloring (I covered my incisions when I got the spray tan). Lesson learned. Anyway, things continue to soften and settle nicely! One nipple continues to be higher than the other, but I think it's a bit better than it was a week ago. Hopefully as time goes on they will continue to get closer to the same alignment. I went into this procedure understanding that perfect breasts with perfect symmetry were not realistic expectations - so if my nipples end up being a bit off, I'll still be happy with them overall.

They've softened up A LOT. Massaging is definitely helping. I awoke this morning sleeping on my side and realized that my breasts were touching each other! They've been so stiff up until this point that I couldn't get them to touch - so this was an exciting event! They'll look very nice in a pushup bra ;o) They jiggle when I brush my teeth too, which I love!

Steristrips are still holding on strong. I thought they'd be off by now. I go for my 1 month follow up on July 14th - if they're still on by then hopefully he'll remove them. I was instructed to not remove them myself. I'm anxious to see what my incisions look like and want to start with the scar strips ASAP.

Will be back to update in another week!

1-month post-op

Things continue to progress wonderfully :) These steri-strips are taking forever to come off.... I really thought they'd be off by now but I was specifically instructed to leave them alone and let them come off on their own.

The girls continue to settle and soften up more every day. They're nice and squishy by now and I love the way they jiggle and move! Still doing the massages several times a day and taking the Vitamin E 1000mg per day.

I've resumed some light exercise but am still keeping my heart rate down for the most part (Just been walking and biking, but taking breaks if I get out of breath). My PS was out of town this week so I'm not doing my 1-month follow-up until next week. Hopefully at that point he'll tell me it's okay to do a bit more exercise.

Trying on bras!!

I went yesterday and tried on bras!! It was so fun I was in the changing room for an hour! I'm sure the lady at the changing room station wondered what the heck I was doing in there. I walked in with about 15 different bras. I'm not cleared to wear them yet, so I didn't buy any. This was all just for fun. I easily filled out a 36C, and even fit into a couple D cups! Here's a few pics from my adventures. Sorry they're poor quality - my phone camera really sucks.

I got measured!!

Went to Victoria Secret and got measured!! I'm a 34D/36C. The 36C is more comfortable for everyday wear, and is exactly where I wanted to be when this whole thing started out. I LOVE MY SURGEON! If I want more of a "push up" bra or to show off the girls, the 34D looks fabulous :) I am so, so, so happy!!! I get married in 2 weeks and they're no longer swollen and look so nice. I went shopping and for the first time in my life, I enjoyed it.

I try not to be vein and superficial, but It's really amazing how much one flaw, like small tuberous breasts, can really cause your insecurities run rampant and self-image to deflate. I didn't even realize how much they always bothered me until after they had changed. I never felt feminine or womanly. I always hated shopping because I felt my body was very disproportionate and I never filled out shirts, dresses, bras, or swim suit tops well, but always had to buy size Large bottoms. After being sized I bought 2 new swimsuits on VC online (for 60% off!!!) and I HAPPILY ordered a large bottom and a large top!! I'll be sure to post pics when I get them.

Lastly, as my nipples heal more from the lift - it's clear that my right nipple (the previously inverted one) is probably not going to look the same as my left one. It sticks out and is kind of puffy. I will wait until I am 6-months post-op to really decide about it, but I may have go back to my surgeon to see if there's anything he can do about it. Right now I'm so happy with them this seems very minor, though, so we'll see if it's something I can live with or not in the long run.
Dr. Phillip Kierney

I could not have more positive things to say about Dr. Kierney and his staff. From the first consultation through to my last follow up appointment he and his staff were prompt, attentive, informative, patient and professional. I would recommend him to anyone who is considering a breast augmentation. I cannot stress enough how important doing your research on your surgeon is - this is absolutely the most important part!! It took me three tries to find him, but I'm thankful I found Dr. Kierney and his staff!