37 Year Old, One Vaginal Delivery

Since I was in undergrad I've always to get a...

Since I was in undergrad I've always to get a labiaplasty procedure done. They were uncomfortable and too long. I would have to adjust them when putting on underwear. They would also bother me when I would run, ride a bike or just sit down. Not to mention that sex was always painful. When it did happen my labia's would somehow manage to go inside my vagina.
After I had my daughter I decided to tell my PCP about my concerns. I was so embarrassed about asking but I decided that it was worth a shot.

She did my exam and told me that she would refer me to a urogynecologist. She told me to expect something in the mail with the consultation date and time.
A few weeks later I received my consultation date and completed the necessary paperwork. I met with my specialist who was very knowledgeable. He examined my labia and told me that I was a good candidate. He explained the procedure and answered any questions or worries I had.

My surgery was scheduled that day for August 12th. I would be having a bilateral labiaplasty done.
I was nervous and excited ghat I was able to finally have my procedure done and covered by my insurance.

Day Two post-surgery

These past couple of days haven't been so bad. The pain is bearable as I've only been taking Tylenol every six hours .

I noticed that it is a bit more swollen but I think in this case it gets worse before it gets better.

I'm trying to take it easy today and not walk around so much. I've been doing the sitz bath every day which helps. I took this picture after the sitz bath. I feel like I have an elephants vagina.

Day 5 post surgery

It feels like this is never going to get better. The swelling is so annoying and it's starting to itch. Accccckkkk!! If only I could scratch.

There was a funky odor coming from that area and upon inspection I found some gunky white stuff. I cleaned it up as best as I could. The smell is not as bad but it's still there. I'm assuming it's just from the surgery. Anyone else have a weird smell?

My bruising has gone down significantly as well. I've been icing the area and taking ibuprofen. I still
have no idea what my end result will look like. That's it for now.

Day 5

Feeling better, and the swelling has gone down significantly. I just want to get the okay to start working out again. I miss my running.
Here's a day 5 pic.

Day 12, incision opened up

Everything was going so well until I noticed my right side looked like the stitching came apart. I'm so mad thinking it was maybe something I did. I how it heals well. Only time will tell.
Dr. Kyle Wohlrab

Dr. Wohlrab is amazing. He has a great bedside manner and makes you feel comfortable from the start. He is very laid back and he took the time to answer all of my questions. I would definitely recommend him!