VolBella® Correction to Hereditary Undereye Bags by Dr. Rajani in Portland, OR

I am a 42-year-old Caucasian woman whose entire...

I am a 42-year-old Caucasian woman whose entire family has substantial fat pads under their eyes. They aren't dark circles per se - but the shadow cast by the bag itself has always bothered me. I've probably spent hundreds of dollars on undereye treatments and concealer, but nothing really helped.

I was excited to learn about Juvederm's recently FDA-approved product VolBella®. It is purported to last up to one year and is much softer than many other injectables. Being familiar with Dr. Rajani's wonderful practice in downtown Portland, OR, I went for more information and ended up having a very small volume of VolBella® injected just below the worst part of the bag, near my nose.

The procedure was virtually painless (because VolBella® is so soft, Dr. Rajani was able to use a very tiny needle) and the results were instantaneous! It never would have occurred to me that adding MORE volume in that area would correct what has been a lifelong issue, but the deep crease from the inner corner of my eye and the shadow cast by the eye bag is greatly reduced!

VolBella® is different than other fillers in that it uses a sort of "micro-mesh" that attracts far less water than other fillers (even other Juvederm fillers). Having had my lips done with Dr. Rajani's micro-cannula technique before, I can say that VolBella® causes far less swelling, and I have had NO bruises due to the doctor's expertise and the fine bore of the needle. (However, Dr. Rajani told me that the product can be dissolved if a patient is not happy with his or her results.)

I also took the opportunity to plump my lips slightly with VolBella® - please see my other review for specifics on that procedure. Overall, this product seems to be a game-changer for those of us who wish to maintain a youthful appearance with minimally invasive techniques.

Lastly, I should add that Dr. Rajani's office and staff are simply wonderful. They have the utmost respect for their patients' privacy and really take the time to work with you to discover the best product and technique to address your specific issue. Dr. Rajani's practice gets my highest recommendation.
Portland Physician

Dr. Rajani is wonderful. He is always at the cutting edge of new products, techniques, and technologies (not surprising, as he teaches them to other practitioners!). His manner is warm and friendly and his whole approach is welcoming (as is that of his staff). Highly recommend if you are in the Pacific Northwest or just passing through!