I'm Having a Vaginoplasty Labiaplasty and bladder sling done May 17th - Portland, OR

When I had consulted with Dr. Rosenfield before, I...

When I had consulted with Dr. Rosenfield before, I was told that if I have a desk job, one week off would be enough. After reading all these reviews, I am getting concerned that I haven't scheduled enough time off. I have someone to help me for a week but I am on my own after that.
I am also starting a new job. I thought it would be a good idea to get this done between jobs but maybe it wasn't :(

Week 3

I had a vaginoplasty, labiaplasty and bladder sling iat Pearl Women's Center. I just wanted all my issues to be dealt with at the same time. Surgery seemed to have gone fine. I was in some pain the first week. I had to go back the next day to have the catheter and vag pad removed. It was uncomfortable but not bad. I stopped taking oxycodone and switched to Ibuprofen on day 2. Ibuprofen seemed to be better at killing the pain than oxycodone. Week 2 - I went to work the second week. The hardest part of working was sitting down. My chair was not very comfortable. I sat leaning to one side most of the day.
Week 3 is not bad except the swelling between my vagina and rectum. One labia minora seems larger than the other. I am hoping it is just swelling.
I took Miralax and did Sitz baths everyday for the first week. Wiping with toilet paper is uncomfortable so the baths can be hygienic after wiping too. I also have a hand shower. I didn't want any infections from being unhygienic. The frozen wet pads worked good. I also laid down some doggy training pads on my bed since I didn't want my mattress stained with blood while sleeping and rolling around.
I can't wait to try sex after 8 weeks :)

Over 8 weeks

It has been over 8 weeks. Most of the scars are gone. Some portions feel a little sensitive but not sore. So, I finally went and got a brazilian. I was nervous about someone yanking my lips around but it wasn't bad. I have my final check up on Monday 7-25-16. I will update after that about sex if the doctor says its ok.
Now for some disappointing things. Dr. tightened the pelvic floor but not the sides. So when I insert a finger it feels like the opening is flat and wide. I can move my finger side to side even though the top and bottom feel tight. I am really disappointed about this since He told me he was going to make it one finger wide. It is 3 fingers wide and half a finger height.
The labiaplasty is also uneven and my labia minora on the left is completely missing. This makes me so sad after all the money I spent and the Dr. telling me that labiaplasty is the easiest part of the procedure :(
On the positive side I don't have urine leaking when I sneeze. I'm just hoping that atleast sex will fill better.

I finally got brave enough to try sex after 10 weeks. I'm not married and I don't drink so, it was extra nerve wracking. I practiced with a toy for a couple weeks. Then I asked the guy I have been seeing if he could be gentle because I had had surgery without going into details. I have to say I'm glad I practiced with a toy. I highly recommend it. The insertion was very difficult and painful but once we got going it was just mildly sore. But I didn't even notice it because the sensation was so awesome. I haven't felt the friction entire shaft of the penis in 24 years since my son was born. Before surgery, all I ever felt was the head of the penis and the entry to my vagina. This is exactly what I wanted. It was amazing!
I think I was obsessing over my vagina and labia size too much. I don't have symmetrical labia but the rest of the functions are working great. The surgery and the recovery was worth it
Portland OB/GYN

I screened a lot of doctors before picking Dr. Rosenfield. He was very patient in explaining the procedure to me and seemed very knowledgeable. I hope my impression were correct. I will update after 8 weeks