36 Yr Old Looking for Reconstruction After Weightloss. Portland, OR

My TT is scheduled for 11/6. I found a surgeon I...

My TT is scheduled for 11/6. I found a surgeon I trust through Kaiser Permanente Northwest. SHr has been great so far and I am confident in her ability to get be the best results. I saw 4 other surgeons before selecting Dr. Murphy.

I lost 70 lbs and am really unhappy with the sagging skin and fat that just won't go. The PS may need to do a vertical scar in order to get a goo shape for me. I'd love to avoid this but am willing to accept the extra scar in exchange for a real hourglass figure.

I am really excited for my procedure and appreciate all the support here on RealSelf! I will come back and leave an update after the surgery .

Before photos

I'm waiting at the hospital now!

day 3- doing OK!

today is my third day post TT. Still producing a lot of fluid in one of my drains, the other side is very minimal. Anyone know why they are so different? I look forward to having them both removed but realize that may take a while.
I also have the pain pump hanging around. I believe it is helping. I have a vertical scar and can say there is more discomfort there than at the lower incision where the pain pump is.
I was taking 650 Tylenol every 4 hrs yesterday but today I think I will try taking it only as needed. I used an ice pack yesterday and that felt good.
Today I will change my dressings and get a good look at whats under this binder. I'll try and take some photos then.

Day 14- progress is slow and steady

2 weeks post op and still sporting my least favorite accessory- the drain! Really hoping to get it out tomorrow but I am have been producing a bit of fluid still. I am pretty swollen now and can only imagine it would he worse if I didn't have the drain in.
I took some pics to provide a visual update.

3 weeks out

My last Drain was removed at 3 weeks out, yay! I was still producing 25ish CCs / day, I hope it wasn't removed too soon. So glad to have that gone.
All the steristrips are intact on my veryical incision. About 1/2 are gone on the horizontal line. The binder rubbed them off I think. The strips are off my navel and I'm pretty happy wirh how it looks! There is aome dark scabby matter in there that I'll be keeping an eye on. I put bacitracin on it after my shower today.
Last night I had the sensation of someone snapping a rubberband against my internal abdominal wall. It was scary! It left a burning feeling amd soreness for about 5 min after I felt the pop. I imagine this has to have been an internal suture popping. There is no discomfort or physical evidence of trouble today. Nonetheless, I plan to call the PS tomorrow to run it by her.

5 weeks out, back to life

I feel much more like my old self this week. I socialized all weekend, started back to work on Monday, had sex on Tuesday (!), went for a nice long walk today and just feel great!
I am still swollen but at least I can fit into regular clothes again. Its been fun to try on the items hidden in the backoif the closet ("does not fit pile").
All of my steri strips are off now. I rub my scar with cocobutter at nught and pure coconut oil in the morning.
I have been wear spanx type garments to work and them my velcro binder at night.
I have been sleeping in my own bed for a full week now. I sometimes scoot a pillow under my knees, but am laying pretty flat.
I see my PS in a fee days and am excited to hear how she thinks I'm progressing. I hope to get the OK to do spinning at the gym and resume light weight lifting. I also want to hear her recommendations for treating my scar.
I have included the mist recent pics to show my progress :)

3 months post op

I just came back from a beach vacation where I wore the most revealing swimsuit I have ever worn! Yay me! It was a monokini, not a bikini, but Im happy with that. I am by no means perfect, but when I look at how far I've come I am overjoyed.
I have a follow up appt in 2 weeks. I will address a couple of concerns with my Dr at that time. I have very minor dog-ears on both sides of my horizontal scar. The vertical scar is a little lump right at the top. I wonder if something can be done about that. I seem a lot looser and softer now that I was in the past couple of months. It's as if when the swelling went down the firmness went with it. I get a roll above my navel when seated now, I am not very happy about that. I was overweight going into the surgery and thought I was at a weight I could live with. Now I regret not trying to lose the last 10 lbs, maybe it would have given me a better result.
Overall, I am pleased as punch! I would do it all over again in a heartbeat. I cause problems for myself by comparing myself to others, which is really a waste of time and energy!

5 month update

I'm close to 5 months post op now and am feeling very good. My energy level is back up and I'm now working on increasing my strenght and endurance through some nee, higher intensity work outs.
I am still very happy with my reault but am having to have some revision work done 2 months from now. I have some small dog ears at the tips of my incisions that I would like removed. My PS will also do a little lipo on one side of my abdomen, since there seems to be a puffy spot of fatty there.
I am still massaging my scar with coconut oil daily and am pretty happy with it overall. It is much less red than it was and seems to be fading well in some spots.
I'll update more after the revision.
Portland Plastic Surgeon